La Liga 2021/22

Who will win La Liga?

• Total voters

fergus90

I know, none of us are happy to see it, but at this point we have to be realistic and practical, we are not going to win the league this season.

I know and I'm just venting frustration after that comeback to be honest. I realistically don't expect Barca to win the league for the for the next few years given the lack of cutting edge in the squad currently and the lack of finances to rectify that. Whilst the competitors do have the resources to get stronger.

The last few weeks have been a reminder that it's a very gradual process.

Last edited:

Catta

Sorry, DonAK is the jinx-master now, you would have thought Villarreal was getting destroyed by Bayern for 180 minutes(certainly the last 90) judging by his comments.

DonAK is good, but he doesn't have your consistency. You are on another level, the Benzema of jinxing.

FinBarcelonafan

I am pretty certain Real will defeat Liverpool in a potential final. Their midfield will step up and it's game over for Liverpool.

My hope lies on City, but if Real win the CL this season kudos to them. Would have been an incredibly hard route.

It would be on a par with Barca 2015 CL, when Barca beat champion of every country.

Although, 2015 Barca dominated all those teams, but it would be incredible achievement for Madrid and I never believed Real had any chance till now. City seems to be crumbling a bit now and I can see them going down..

Laplacian

This team is mentally competent. There won?t be a meltdown because you seen many situations where they could have melted down but came back stronger than ever. This team is peaking at the right time and might be the best team in the world up there with Liverpool

It's what happens when you depend on elite players and not just mediocre catalan rejects. Notice how there are hardly any local players there? Madrid looks for quality foremost, whereas we look for locals and hope they turn out to be the next Xaviniesta.

mc_lovin

It's what happens when you depend on elite players and not just mediocre catalan rejects. Notice how there are hardly any local players there? Madrid looks for quality foremost, whereas we look for locals and hope they turn out to be the next Xaviniesta.

Nonsense. That's not at all what got us into our current mess.

Laplacian

Nonsense. That's not at all what got us into our current mess.

I assure you if we replaced Jordi Alba and Busquets when we were supposed to, ie 2016, we wouldn't have lost against Liverpool. Those two have been mediocre for over half a decade. This club has an insane allegiance to shit players.

Morten

I assure you if we replaced Jordi Alba and Busquets when we were supposed to, ie 2016, we wouldn't have lost against Liverpool. Those two have been mediocre for over half a decade. This club has an insane allegiance to shit players.

A certain someone won't be happy over this post.

mc_lovin

Noone in their right mind would have replaced Alba and Busquets in 2016.

Not to mention we could have easily fixed other positions and would have been just fine. But the transfers of Coutinho, Griezmann, Dembele and co. - eg not catalan/local homeboys - fucked us over. If we got verticality in attack sooner or a decent partner for Pique we would have at least one more CL as well.

FinBarcelonafan

I agree. We acted way too late to replace some past it key players. Barto eras biggest failure and buying players without plan.

6-1 PSG win was the worst thing to happen us.

You can put 4-0 loss down to bad luck. Sadly we kept believing that for years after.. Just bad luck.

Temptation

Barcelona are a bit too emotional and not ruthless enough.

This stems from the fanbase. Real Madrid fans boo their biggest players when the going gets tough. Their fanbase sets such immensely high standards that they don't allow mediocrity in a way.

I know this sounds bad and nobody likes booing but in a way Madrid are ruthless from top to bottom. Even the most old school part of a club(match going fans) are pretty ruthless in their case.

This model works. Chelsea under Roman are the most successful English club in that period and we all know how ruthless and trigger happy they are.

Home of Barca Fans