La Liga 2021/22

Who will win La Liga?

• Total voters

El Gato

Villarato!
Regarding fouls, perhaps not to call the game back (unless it is a penalty foul), but simply to inform the ref "Yellow to XXX player".

It is clear so far, with how they retracted on what is a penalty handball and not, that they want the VAR, but haven't quite worked out how much they are willing to let it influence the game.

Sure I'd be down with experimenting
Not sure how it'd be received ATM, plebs freak out over slightest changes in the game and if they keep flip flopping on criteria too often it'll just make things worse

I dont know if it's entirely correct to ignore smallest offsides as attacker with momentum will still get advantage if defender is facing forward rather than their own goal when both are level at 20-30m away from goal
But sometimes when both are running in same direction it's silly to call them when you're left to measure from shoulder or something

In any case, they should work to eliminate inconsistency for sure
TBH from most I've seen, and with how we are able to judge things from our couch assuming our information is the same or worse than what they have at their disposal in the truck, most refs should do better than they do with the tech they have
But VAR in general is 1000x better than it has been 4-5 years ago when first introduced
Can't remember how Euro 2020 has been on that front, but even broadly speaking, recall the volume of pens in that tournament compared to the Russian WC. Night and day difference in how refs and players handle things knowing camera evidence is there to be used now

It's a massive positive for the game
Glad it's worked out the way it did despite initial fears of how long decisions take from all braindead skeptics

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans