• Atletico de Madrid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sevilla

• Other

• Total voters

serghei

Haha EV didnt 'make them lose'.. did he 'make them win 3-0' v Liverpool as well?

Pep 'make' City and Bayern lose all these times in CL has he? With much better squads

Did EV make them win regularly v CL winners Real?

They didnt pick a 'soft coach' but EV was intelligent enough to realise that it was only way to coach them at the time and have any chance.

Established top coaches with options wont touch Barca job then or now.

OK, seems to me you're know going into EV was amazing and nobody could've done any better. Can't agree with that. He did well, let's not get carried away and start with the "even the best mangers wouldn't have achieved more". That's just bullshit.

The best managers tend to be better than the others even in poor circumstances. The difference between great managers and just "ok' managers goes beyond only circumstances and players available. They also add more quality to their teams with their skill set, motivational aspects and so on.

Last edited:

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Interesting statement guys, didnt thought so many guys would give Carlo the credits.

@tempte the 'Zidane was the "right place at the right time" guy.' opinion is wrong though, they were crap under benitez and managed to win cl and come close to barca in ll that season. In 16/17 they played fantastic football. Im also not a big fan of zidane but he can maybe do well with big teams.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

OK, seems to me you're know going into EV was amazing and nobody could've done any better. Can't agree with that. He did well, let's not get carried away and start with the "even the best mangers wouldn't have achieved more". That's just bullshit.

The best managers tend to be better than the others even in poor circumstances. The difference between great managers and just "ok' managers goes beyond only circumstances and players available. They also add more quality to their teams with their skill set, motivational aspects and so on.

Nah I am saying he did well and adapted to the circumstances at club which folk ignore too often.

As said Pep has had plenty bad results as well in CL and he didnt it wasnt him who 'made' them get those either. Coming out with shite like that is nonsense dont agree with.

Will never know how EV would have done with a young growing Barca side but he adapted and got two titles v the CL winners with that ageing squad.

Last edited:

KingLeo10

ZZ in 16/17 had one of the most stacked XI + bench squads of all time.

As did Guardiola in 08/09. Would pay good money to see those teams compete in LL and CL against each other.

08/09 Barca would win by a whisker IMO.

Temptation

ZZ in 16/17 had one of the most stacked XI + bench squads of all time.

As did Guardiola in 08/09. Would pay good money to see those teams compete in LL and CL against each other.

08/09 Barca would win by a whisker IMO.

08/09 Barca would win a league/league match and a CL group stage match.

In a CL knockout/cup final I'd fancy Real 16/17 to nick it actually.

FinBarcelonafan

To be honest, EV had no power over the player transfers(Barto shitshow), so he probably did the best he could with the lineup he had. These amigos were never going to work hard or harder. Setien tried and it backfired completely... If he was Xavi, he would have smoked out a few amigos and signed new players. IMO. EV had no power to make such demands.

That was a huge issue too

I think he did the best he could with the lineup he was given. That's the coach's job.

KingLeo10

08/09 Barca would win a league/league match and a CL group stage match.

In a CL knockout/cup final I'd fancy Real 16/17 to nick it actually.

08/09 is the mentally strongest Barca there's been and had both physicality/size and technical wizardry.

Leaders everywhere. Puyol, Xavi, Alves, Marquez, Eto'o, Henry, Toure etc. wouldn't back down from a fight. Then you have Messi, Iniesta, Busquets (he wasn't a mummy back then), Pique, Abidal, Sylvinho, Pedro etc etc.

We handled a strong United team without much difficulty in the final. Demolished Bayern. Barely squeaked past a strong Chelsea. Every season has that 1 eh/blip moment.

RM 16/17 struggled big time versus Bayern (it was 4-4 before Bayern were sent to 10 men). Struggled v AM. Destroyed Juve though but I think United 08-09 > Juve 16-17.

Catta

Real at their best were still getting spanked 4-0 by us. Barca '09 is the best club side ever. There is no opponenet who would be favorites against them.

Temptation

08/09 is the mentally strongest Barca there's been and had both physicality/size and technical wizardry.

Leaders everywhere. Puyol, Xavi, Alves, Marquez, Eto'o, Henry, Toure etc. wouldn't back down from a fight. Then you have Messi, Iniesta, Busquets (he wasn't a mummy back then), Pique, Abidal, Sylvinho, Pedro etc etc.

We handled a strong United team without much difficulty in the final. Demolished Bayern. Barely squeaked past a strong Chelsea. Every season has that 1 eh/blip moment.

RM 16/17 struggled big time versus Bayern (it was 4-4 before Bayern were sent to 10 men). Struggled v AM. Destroyed Juve though but I think United 08-09 > Juve 16-17.

You have a point and I think that Barca team would win pretty comfortably in a league campaign.

But there's just something about that RM team in those big games. Always finding a way.

The likes of Marquez, Henry, Toure, etc weren't exactly in their peak in 08/09 innit?

In a CL final I'd put my money on that Real team. They had that "aura" in them games.

Fine margins obviously. Barca seems to be Real's bogey team in this generation.

FinBarcelonafan

drama drama drama.. Valencia scores wondergoal, but var turned the decision.

EDIT;

DRAMA CONTINUES.. Valencia was given red card, but overturned. OMG

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans