La Liga 23/24

Who wins La Liga?

• Total voters

kattanib

I'm just saying this now. Could very easily be an Atletico year.

Barca are 1 injury away from a dark place and Lewa isn't getting younger. We are at the point where we would rather have a 16 yr old start on the RW and at best have Ansu on the left who is a major wild card. No right back of note. Relied on an insane defense to carry the title last season.

Madrid without Mbappe and losing one of the best keepers in the world at least Top 2 basically means they have a 10% chance of winning the league.

Enter Atletico, who have maybe the best player in La Liga in Greizmann and about 4 other decent forwards to help carry the attack. Injury proof mostly. A combative midfield and of course Oblak. Could be one of those weird years.

Real Sociedad: Super Dark Horse 0.001% chance of a title.They usually start every season insanely well and usually top 3 until about halfway through the season. Great young talents but no real superstars they probably finish 4th of 5th. Would be cool if they won though!
What an optimist this one is

JamDav1982

Gavi and Kessie are not techincally better than Reals mids and Dembele didnt play in last game of season.

The game in states Barca won 3-0 and Dembele scored.

Porque

Didn't even think of the recent friendly.

Was talking of the last two Copa games and even the LaLiga win of ours, where they managed to press us well with the grandad's let alone this younger set.

To be honest, I'd still be confident against that midfield provided Xavi has Gavi contribute to our possession control and not stand peripheral managing 10 touches or less.

Btw, you just know that if Xavi gets Cancelo that he's going with this for the big games.

Araujo-Kounde-Christensen-Balde
------Pedri-Romeu-Frenkie-------
-----Cancelo-Lewy-Gavi/Gund---

JamDav1982

Didn't even think of the recent friendly.

Was talking of the last two Copa games and even the LaLiga win of ours, where they managed to press us well with the grandad's let alone this younger set.

To be honest, I'd still be confident against that midfield provided Xavi has Gavi contribute to our possession control and not stand peripheral managing 10 touches or less.

Btw, you just know that if Xavi gets Cancelo that he's going with this for the big games.

Araujo-Kounde-Christensen-Balde
------Pedri-Romeu-Frenkie-------
-----Cancelo-Lewy-Gavi/Gund---

The point was Barcas technique in midfield and pace up top.

When playing Kessie and Gavi only really Frenkie had that and no Dembele in those games either.

With Pedri and Gundogan midfield should be better than them technically overall again but could be caught as they can press higher if Barca lack pace.

Porque

Well yeah, I agree and especially if we don't have offensive weapons/outlets.

I'm just stating that this isn't something that is a new occurence because of yesterday's 11.

And that usually Madrid have had a more physical midfield than us.

NKMaribor

The point was Barcas technique in midfield and pace up top.

When playing Kessie and Gavi only really Frenkie had that and no Dembele in those games either.

With Pedri and Gundogan midfield should be better than them technically overall again but could be caught as they can press higher if Barca lack pace.

What does "better technically" even mean? Passing technique? Ball mastery? If so, you are writing non-sense. The only player that i would describe as "athletic" instead of technical is Valverde, while others have premium technique and physically gifted also ( minus Kroos, and Modrić being old ).

The advantage Barca has:

- tactical approach, and even that has changed under Xavi, who rocked Mou style - the irony,
- Carlo being tactically inept at times,
- brutal positive variance as seen in previous season.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, solid showing. Still going into a season without a CF / striker and playing Vini outside his best position, we are losing La Liga. Especially if Barca continues grinding 1:0 wins. With Mbappe story changes. Absolutely stomp La Liga.

Last edited:

Richard.H

I feel like Bellingham will be a huge difference maker for RM and ultimately the LL title. We just don't have the squad to last the whole season, no depth.

mc_lovin

I feel like Bellingham will be a huge difference maker for RM and ultimately the LL title. We just don't have the squad to last the whole season, no depth.
We have a shit ton of depth (apart from defence, but I expext us to sign a RB, which would fix that).

More interesting is which team will score more:
Ansu and Ferran will add ~20 scorers from the bench. Lewy should score ~20+ goals. Raphina should amount to ~20 scorers. Vitor coming in January, who's absurdly productive at his age. Who do they have? Don't think Vinicius, Rodrygo and their bench will outscore us.

El Gato

Villarato!
The main thing for me is the amount of attempts he gets every game.

Yes, he produces some magic moments, but how many times is he getting the ball and losing it on the flip side? There are a lot of games where all he does is lose the ball and kills attacks but gets an assist and people are like, ok, what a game by Vinicius Jr.

In a team like City his gameplay wouldn't be acceptable.
Why should anyone care it wouldn't be acceptable for a team like City?

Key isn't to be 3 goals out of 3 shots in 90 mins type of player. It's to get 3 goals and win the game playing well. Getting plenty of chances which he finishes a fraction of attests to him playing well

El Gato

Villarato!
We have a shit ton of depth (apart from defence, but I expext us to sign a RB, which would fix that).

More interesting is which team will score more:
Ansu and Ferran will add ~20 scorers from the bench. Lewy should score ~20+ goals. Raphina should amount to ~20 scorers. Vitor coming in January, who's absurdly productive at his age. Who do they have? Don't think Vinicius, Rodrygo and their bench will outscore us.
Bellingham should add 10
Others in mid be it Fede or Brahim can add 5
Joselu can add 10 IMO if used enough

There's at least potential for 70 goals there. Whether that will be enough and whether we can also not concede at the same time is what will decide league. Clasicos we'll likely lose anyway as team don't see bothered enough about H2H outcome

Home of Barca Fans