La Liga 23/24

Who wins La Liga?

• Total voters

Messi983

Aside from previous season Osasuna in the past has been very week. Celta at home tough. Celta also had decent pre-season. Thought Celta would take it at home. And Osasuna in theirs.

Not a surprising result for me.

Osasuna are a solid midtable team under Arrasate. Since they've returned to La Liga in 2019 they've finished 10th, 11th, 10th and 7th.

OTOH Celta finished 17th twice (in 2018/19 and 2019/20), 8th, 11th and 13th last year. But they were in relegation battle until the very end after a poor run of results in last two months of the season.

They are far away from some of the good teams they've had in the past. Aspas just turned 36 and doesn't have much support. Gabri Veiga had that purple patch 2-3 months after New Year but now they're close to sell him to Napoli so wouldn't surprise me if they will struggle again this season.

As for Osasuna they'll probably finish lower as well as they don't have depth nor the experience of playing in Europe.

Horatio

You're welcome
Not a surprising result for me.

Osasuna are a solid midtable team under Arrasate. Since they've returned to La Liga in 2019 they've finished 10th, 11th, 10th and 7th.

OTOH Celta finished 17th twice (in 2018/19 and 2019/20), 8th, 11th and 13th last year. But they were in relegation battle until the very end after a poor run of results in last two months of the season.

They are far away from some of the good teams they've had in the past. Aspas just turned 36 and doesn't have much support. Gabri Veiga had that purple patch 2-3 months after New Year but now they're close to sell him to Napoli so wouldn't surprise me if they will struggle again this season.

As for Osasuna they'll probably finish lower as well as they don't have depth nor the experience of playing in Europe.
Okay, didn't know they did that well since their promotion. Had old osasuna in mind then.

Xtroverto

We have a shit ton of depth (apart from defence, but I expext us to sign a RB, which would fix that).

More interesting is which team will score more:
Ansu and Ferran will add ~20 scorers from the bench. Lewy should score ~20+ goals. Raphina should amount to ~20 scorers. Vitor coming in January, who's absurdly productive at his age. Who do they have? Don't think Vinicius, Rodrygo and their bench will outscore us.
Oh boy, I'd love to know what magic shrooms you are eating because the alternative reality you live in sounds a lot of fun. Ferran Torres 20 goals! when he in his entire career has only scored 23 goals in 150 games. And Rafinha who has scored 55 goals in 222 games of which 6 goals in 30 games for Rennes and 17 goals in 65 games for Leeds. His 7 goals from 36 games so far is not even in the same universe the player you are talking about. And the day Ansu Fati scores 20 goals in a la liga season I will eat not only my hat but my entire wardrobe and for the rest of the year wip myself for my heresy :wave:

mc_lovin

Oh boy, I'd love to know what magic shrooms you are eating because the alternative reality you live in sounds a lot of fun. Ferran Torres 20 goals! when he in his entire career has only scored 23 goals in 150 games. And Rafinha who has scored 55 goals in 222 games of which 6 goals in 30 games for Rennes and 17 goals in 65 games for Leeds. His 7 goals from 36 games so far is not even in the same universe the player you are talking about. And the day Ansu Fati scores 20 goals in a la liga season I will eat not only my hat but my entire wardrobe and for the rest of the year wip myself for my heresy :wave:
Reading comprehension, eh? Ansu and Torres combined, which they nearly did last season. Same as Raphina, who doesn’t have to share minutes anymore.

But not gonna lie, Lewy scares me a bit.

Home of Barca Fans