La Liga 24/25

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Loki

I think Madrid will give away some points in the first half of the season, as long as they still trying to balance their squad to replace Kroos and fit in Mbappe. We need to take advantage of it and pull a 7-10p lead till january, so when Madrid starts their usual 2nd half season run, we're comfortably ahead. Then we have a good shot at LaLiga title.

Loki

Dont underrate Bilbao, they have beaten us in Copa last season + they have still EV !
As I mentioned earlier, Bilbao home and away are two entirely different teams. They need their fans press every % of energy in them. If they would play away like they do at home, they would compete for the title.

Last season:
Points per game at home: 2.21
PPG away: 1.37

Porque

Hard working team beats natural talent.

Didn't the Euros already prove that to everyone. France and England sucked versus Spain.

serghei

Didn't the Euros already prove that to everyone. France and England sucked versus Spain.

Yeah, but you are still dependant on the better teams lacking those elements. If they have them, it's kind of hard to beat them for a big title.

Morten

Yeah, likes of Granada and Cadiz have much better results away vs us :lol:.

AM almost needs to be investigated for match-fixing, some of these performances against very mediocre Barca-sides of the last couple of years are beyond sad, it really felt like there weren't even trying last season vs Barcelona.

Horatio

You're welcome
AM almost needs to be investigated for match-fixing, some of these performances against very mediocre Barca-sides of the last couple of years are beyond sad, it really felt like there weren't even trying last season vs Barcelona.
welcome back

companyofcules

In absence of other alternatives, Sørloth was available , but we let rivals Atletico Madrid have him instead.
I don't follow Real but having Endrick and Joselu along Mbappe was a scary idea. Now I will have to admit Real has some big problems. Still the quality can win it by itself though and in UCL where you get outplayed not having a nr 9 is not a huge tragedy. The tragedy is playing trench warfare with 3 people drifting left side.

serghei

They have a match-up issue imo. In knockout ties, they usually amp the intensity to levels Barcelona find difficult to match, but hard to do that in a week by week basis competition like La Liga. The intensity is lower, and Barcelona's passing style and possession ability become more dominant and effective.

Despite our huge league dominance over them (I think Simeone has like 1 win in 12 years or something, and that was vs depleted Koeman Barca that got to 9th place at some point after 10 games), I still don't like Atletico in a CL or even Cup tie.

JamDav1982

Spain also had more talent in DM with Rodri by a long way and then the two wide players were about as big a reason for Spain winning and their individual abilities.

JamDav1982

They have a match-up issue imo. In knockout ties, they usually amp the intensity to levels Barcelona find difficult to match, but hard to do that in a week by week basis competition like La Liga. The intensity is lower, and Barcelona's passing style and possession ability become more dominant and effective.

Despite our huge league dominance over them (I think Simeone has like 1 win in 12 years or something, and that was vs depleted Koeman Barca that got to 9th place at some point after 10 games), I still don't like Atletico in a CL or even Cup tie.

Dont even think they have been beating teams with intensity.. more about big moments really.

They sat back and parked bus v City in 2nd leg and were outplayed/outfought for large parts of final v Dortmund...then found way to win.

Same with Liverpool final couple years back and a lot of that run.. were battered for most it and conceding chances right/left and centre.. took their moments up top and Courtois at other end kept them in it at times.

Porque

Spain also had more talent in DM with Rodri by a long way and then the two wide players were about as big a reason for Spain winning and their individual abilities.

Absolutely.

We're not talking about zero talent though, just as the current Barca squad.

Just that quality+hard work can close alot of the perceived distance between clubs and the galacticos lineup.

Oh and a manager who doesn't get himself sent off when things get squeeky.

jamrock

Our potential DP of

De jong--Gavi should be able to match Spain's.

Rodri only benefits at City from pep, but really the gap between him and de jong doesn't exist, once de jong has the right coach...

Ruiz is better than gavi in the final 3rd, but gavi is better defensively.

We have Olmo, pedri and yamal, we'll come close enough to Williams with those 3

The biggest issue is lewa can't press like morata, but lewa will score more goals.

The league is already in the bag.

JamDav1982

Last season dont think Xavi helped Lewa.. he was trying to have him press like a maniac and looked leggy by time ball found him.

Looked on Saturday that Flick was attempting to find a way to save Lewa pressing and have him fresher for when he is on the ball.

For long spells it appeared that Lewa was allowed not to press but would have to just drop and try to prevent easy ball into DM by shuffling across.

The wide players.. Torres and Yamal came narrower to press the CBs it appeared in place of Lewa.

Home of Barca Fans