La Liga | Round 1: FC Barcelona - Real Sociedad 4-2

serghei

They'll have vaccinated enough people by then. Some people will still get infected, but the serious cases and hospitalizations are going to drop down considerably.

It's something we'll have to live with. They'll re-open.

I'll believe it when I see it. Let's hope you're right.

JerseyAddict

They'll have vaccinated enough people by then. Some people will still get infected, but the serious cases and hospitalizations are going to drop down considerably.

It's something we'll have to live with. They'll re-open.

I don't get it with french stadiums. I read there will be no coffe or restaurant for people that don't have vac. And they will open full capacity stadiums ... What are the odds that all the fans are vac ?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I don't get it with french stadiums. I read there will be no coffe or restaurant for people that don't have vac. And they will open full capacity stadiums ... What are the odds that all the fans are vac ?

Haven't looked it up tbh, but perhaps they have a rule where you can watch games if you have a proof of a negative test within 72 hours of the game? Some NFL teams are going to demand either that or a proof of a negative test so perhaps the same there.

JerseyAddict

Haven't looked it up tbh, but perhaps they have a rule where you can watch games if you have a proof of a negative test within 72 hours of the game? Some NFL teams are going to demand either that or a proof of a negative test so perhaps the same there.

Yes. Maybe they will let in people with neg. Tests. I forgot about that.

JamDav1982

Wouldnt be surprised if Garcia/Depay cant be registered but club put it out as trying to sell more tickets.

Not that either will get the masses turning up but Depay playing makes it more attractive and fans would feel lied to and more pissed off with club if admitted cant be registered.

serghei

With daily new cases over 30k in the UK though. Spain has done down to below 20k, Germany is a lot better and they still have restrictions.

They shouldn't focus on infection rate anymore, but on severe cases requiring hospital beds and such. Wrong approach imo.

Focusing on infection rate makes little sense, unless you plan on extinguishing the virus which is almost a certain failure now. Also since vaccines are shown to not be very good at stopping the spread.

If the virus is around but causes much milder disease, you still get quite high infection rate but a low no of serious cases.

Last edited:

Neeraj

A bit weird. Tried purchasing tickets but I had to fill a form and it said "We will let you know when tickets become available".

Bru, game is tomorrow?

I mean it's possible that it's sold out but then why not just say that then like the usual interface..

Neeraj

I'm excited for the game though. I've sort of taken a break from football and most things Barca for a few months now barring following the general news. I'm excited to see where we go from here. It doesn't quite feel like a FULL refresh and a new era because we still have a bunch of veterans like Busquets, Pique, Roberto and Alba and that's basically the core of the team, but yeah still excited nonetheless.

Home of Barca Fans