La Liga | Round 1: FC Barcelona - Real Sociedad 4-2

JamDav1982

Fati, Dembele, Aguero, Coutinho** maybe, Ansu are all coming back. There's no space for anyone from the B when that happens.

Yes there is and one minute you are arguing 'squad will be light' and next 'there will be no room for B team players'.

The squad wont be light because of no 10. It will just mean likes of Demir are still registered as B team to get round it.

ajnotkeith

Yes there is and one minute you are arguing 'squad will be light' and next 'there will be no room for B team players'.

The squad wont be light because of no 10. It will just mean likes of Demir are still registered as B team to get round it.

Use your brain. When those players come back they will inevitably be taking the spot of the B players, the difference being that the B players do not have to take up a Laliga spot and the senior players do. When those players come back, someone will be losing out on a LaLiga spot and especially if we don't use an open number because of bullshit symbolism.

We could register first-team players like Mingueza with a subsidiary file, I guess

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Use your brain. When those players come back they will inevitably be taking the spot of the B players, the difference being that the B players do not have to take up a Laliga spot and the senior players do. When those players come back, someone will be losing out on a LaLiga spot and especially if we don't use an open number because of bullshit symbolism.

Speaking shite as per usual.

No numbers lost from squad due to 10 as likes of Demir will cover from B team.

JerseyAddict

Stupid for us to leave the #10 vacant. We have a ton of players vying for squad places, I'd rather have the extra depth then leave 10 vacant and weaken ourselves even more just bc Messi left. It's not our fault Laliga rules are dumb, we have to put someone there or leave it vacant. Ansu, Pedri are good candidates

Exactly
Ansu or Pedri is fine by me
But as I see Pedri will get 16. And Ansu is 17.

No Cou or similar fails please.

Zidane82

Umtiti and Pjanic are not in the squad for tonight's match.

Coutinho is not in the squad for tonight?s game because the club want to sell him.

Looks like we are trying to offload all our attacking options apart from KunA ( injured ) , Fati ( recovering) and a totally unproven Demir .

Wtf !?!

serghei

Guys, whatever positions are occupied by washed up veterans Koeman will have to rotate in young fresh blood from the B team.

There is no more use for ideas like Busi has to play almost all possible minutes because we only have young players that can replace him.

I'm sure with this type of mentality Chelsea would still have Willian today playing out there and not Mount.

You have to take the risk and phase out declined veterans even if you don't have stars replacing them. So that talented players can grow and establish themselves. How do you know Gavi won't impress and explode like Pedri did?

Gavi in to take good chunks out of Busi's minutes. No other way if we plan to go somewhere with this team.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

Guys, whatever positions are occupied by washed up veterans Koeman will have to rotate in young fresh blood from the B team.

There is no more use for ideas like Busi has to play almost all possible minutes because we only have young players that can replace him.

I'm sure with this type of mentality Chelsea would still have Willian today playing out there and not Mount.

You have to take the risk and phase out declined veterans even if you don't have stars replacing them. So that talented players can grow and establish themselves. How do you know Gavi won't impress and explode like Pedri did?

Gavi in to take good chunks out of Busi's minutes. No other way if we plan to go somewhere with this team.

I love your example of Mount actually. We hold on to old vets for too long. It doesn't mean we should keep them all if Messi as an elite player keeps performing at 33. Most of the players are way past it at that age.

And I think Chelsea offered Willian deal(one or two year max) but very short term but when you have foolish teams like Arsenal offering three years, it's tough to hold them.

I think Chelsea has some policy as well when it comes to older players. We should probably use the same. (Only short contracts for over thirty)

Giving Busi, Alba and Pique for example 3-5 year contracts at their age is insanity.. not to mention the money as well. Stupid stupid.

malvolio

again with the ludicrous comparisons. willian was a nobody ffs.

busquets just came off one good international tournament, while willian is in semi-retirement.

way tougher job to replace busquets.

FinBarcelonafan

again with the ludicrous comparisons. willian was a nobody ffs.

busquets just came off one good international tournament, while willian is in semi-retirement.

way tougher job to replace busquets.

Barto was willing to throw sixty million for William but Chelsea didn't accept. Hardly a nobody.

JamDav1982

Gavi doesnt play Busquets position and the point with Busquets is that he can still look neat on the ball at times but is a complete liability defensively which is quite important for a DM and he slows game down to his pace too often.

serghei

Gavi doesnt play Busquets position and the point with Busquets is that he can still look neat on the ball at times but is a complete liability defensively which is quite important for a DM and he slows game down to his pace too often.

De Jong then, and Gavi CM. All the same. Point is Busi should have a good portion of his minutes redistributed to other players.

JamDav1982

De Jong then, and Gavi CM. All the same. Point is Busi should have a good portion of his minutes redistributed to other players.

Unless they switch to a double pivot cant see FDJ at 'DM'.

For me 4231 fits the team now and would allow to move on from Busquets or even provide cover for him if insist on it. Also it allows for an AM to try and help the front line with goals/assist which are needed now more than ever.

FinBarcelonafan

This. Busi without ball is no good.

Home of Barca Fans