Lautaro Martinez

mc_lovin

I really dont get your argument. So just do nothing? Hope noone signs in fear of Suarez? We are heavily linked with Martinez, because we are aware of Suarezs limitations.

And you just assume he will act in bad faith - we never had a valid alternative to him. We dont know how he is going to react, but its more dramatic to just assume the worst I guess. He could just as well follow the Xavi route.

And La Liga is top level.

JamDav1982

I really dont get your argument. So just do nothing? Hope noone signs in fear of Suarez? We are heavily linked with Martinez, because we are aware of Suarezs limitations.

And you just assume he will act in bad faith - we never had a valid alternative to him. We dont know how he is going to react, but its more dramatic to just assume the worst I guess. He could just as well follow the Xavi route.

And La Liga is top level.

No I think Barca tell Martinez he will be main man at CF and let Suarez know this also and if he wants to leave so be it he goes.

Also dont renew him.

Suarez limitations have been evident for past couple of years and team still plays same way and he is barely even substituted.

Be more of same and I doubt even finishes after this season as old core cling on. Martinez should not sign unless major changes promised.

La Liga is poor compared to past. There is not a great deal of quality in depth.

vuji_31

Suarez announced his departure long time ago.
Before few days he said to some coach that he could go in his club in Uruguay.

JamDav1982

Suarez announced his departure long time ago.
Before few days he said to some coach that he could go in his club in Uruguay.

He will be Barca starting no.9 next season and I would bet the following one also and all the issues will still be there and worse.

behindbrowneyes

Suarez is 33, at some point reality has to kick in. And to be fair, until now, Suarez deserved his starting position. He was (and still is) easily our 2nd best forward. And I have no idea why people just assume hes going to be toxic.

True. To be fair, Su?rez himself recently said in an interview that he told the club that they'll have to find sooner than later a replacement for him.

vuji_31

Well I am just questioning why we are so for Lautaro and zero interest in Haaland?

For that 100 mil price I think Haalanda might be better option.
But he does not have mythical Barcelona DNA.

mc_lovin

Well I am just questioning why we are so for Lautaro and zero interest in Haaland?

Haaland is quite clumsy. Just watch his games vs PSG in detail, he cant control high balls at all or play with his back to goal.

Lautaro on the other hand had some pretty stellar all round performances this season (for example vs us and Dortmund away), but has been otherwise quite inconsistent. The way he battles CBs und holds up play is very reminiscent of Suarez, who has been a spectacular fit. So its only natural that hes our first choice. The question is whether he can reproduce his best consistently over a season.

Someone mentioned Werner as well, who again is a completely different player type (which makes the stat comparison kind of silly)... hes much more of a goalscoring winger/cf hybrid, who needs a lot of space (which is why Bayern reportedly backed off). I would rather have a cf like Lautaro, who binds the centrebacks, and a real winger on the left, but thats personal preference.

M3ls

And then there will be no balance on the right flank because Messi prefers to play in the center and not on the flank

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Haaland is quite clumsy. Just watch his games vs PSG in detail, he cant control high balls at all or play with his back to goal.

Lautaro on the other hand had some pretty stellar all round performances this season (for example vs us and Dortmund away), but has been otherwise quite inconsistent. The way he battles CBs und holds up play is very reminiscent of Suarez, who has been a spectacular fit. So its only natural that hes our first choice. The question is whether he can reproduce his best consistently over a season.

Someone mentioned Werner as well, who again is a completely different player type (which makes the stat comparison kind of silly)... hes much more of a goalscoring winger/cf hybrid, who needs a lot of space (which is why Bayern reportedly backed off). I would rather have a cf like Lautaro, who binds the centrebacks, and a real winger on the left, but thats personal preference.

Yeah. Barca seem to be banking on Lautaro's physical and technical skillset and profile hoping the production will come soon.

Taking talent over production right now. Could end up backfiring big time, but I see why Lautaro is so highly touted and why they'd want him instead of Haaland or Werner.

Probably more talented than Haaland and Werner, but obviously talent alone isn't enough....

Sailor Mars

Haaland likely wants the Premier League as the next step to follow in the footsteps of his father.

M3ls

Since Messi prefers to play in the center, we need a natural right winger that will provide width on the right flank. You may ask: “And who will attack the box if Messi prefers to attack from the depths? To solve this problem, we need a goalscoring left winger/cf hybrid who will be effective both in large and small spaces. The most obvious candidate is Jesus.

M3ls

This is 4 - 3 - 3.

In a positional attack, the right winger provides the width on the flank, and the right fullback becomes a false fullback. He plays closer to the center. Thus, we have an additional player in the middle of the field who can insure our attacking midfielders in the event of an opponent’s counterattack.

Our goalscoring left winger/cf hybrid moves closer to the box, and the left fullback provides width on the left flank.

Messi attacks from 14-15 zones (his favorite zones), and the width on the right flank is provided by the natural right winger (right-footed). Thus, we have a clear structure and balance in both attack and defense.

Sorry for my bad English

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans