Let's talk about Xavi's replacement (2024)

Xavi replacement v3

• Total voters

Porque

Just use a translator for media duties.

Most of the squad speaks English.

Bobby Robson had Jose Mourinho as his translator at Barca and did alright.

Someone like Cesc would be good as he speaks English to communicate with Flick.

Knows the club and it's culture, and has some form of Catalan crud blud', which is da most important thing innit.

khaled_a_d

If you look at Serie B then you will see that Cesc is doing great. He's their first team coach, but officially listed as assistant manager since he doesn't have his UEFA pro license yet.

Anyways, with Flick wanting a number 2 who can also speak Spanish, I wonder if we could try and get Cesc as his assistant, like Arteta being Guardiola assistant previously.

Just an idea.
I think he wants a coach that speaks German and Spanish.

Temptation

Many Spanish players don't, that is the point.
Well, that's where the translator and teammates will help?

Also, the manager can still bark basic ass tactical instructions and Football terminologies in Spanish. Takes an hour to learn those.

Trust me, you guys are overestimating the language barrier. The only place where it actually hurts is media interaction and local fanbase connection, both of which are major distractions at Barcelona and best avoided by a foreigner. Can be handled better by a media/PR trained translator instead of an emotional naive Football guy(Football people live in their own lil bubble).

Bielsa speaks no English and could still comfortably coach Leeds and make them a total Bielsa team structurally.

Also, if Flick gets the job, he'll know it 2 months before his first training session. That is more than enough to learn basic Spanish. Look at RL9. He's pretty decent at communicating in it already.

You guys are really overestimating this problem.

khaled_a_d

Also, Spanish isn't the most difficult language to learn.
For a guy like Flick who is reportedly learning the language already, he should be ready to communicate little in Spanish by the season start, and speak it by half the season.
Even at his age, he will have a private tutor and ton of time to learn it and then get immersed in it when he is here.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Riccardo Basile quotes a ‘source from the team circle’, according to which, Thomas Tuchel is said to have told his players in the dressing room after the game against Leverkusen: “You are not as good as I thought, then I just have to adapt to your level.”

iniestaGOAT

BREAKING: Everything indicates that Roberto De Zerbi the will be FC Barcelona's next coach! Joan Laporta & Deco have APPROVED his signing.

As long as the financial issues can be resolved, De Zerbi will be Xavi's replacement. @fansjavimiguel

In short ..we are fucked

khaled_a_d

Yeah, lot of rumours about RDZ today.

Either something has changed within the club, or we are toying with the media.

Porque

BREAKING: Everything indicates that Roberto De Zerbi the will be FC Barcelona's next coach! Joan Laporta & Deco have APPROVED his signing.

As long as the financial issues can be resolved, De Zerbi will be Xavi's replacement. @fansjavimiguel

In short ..we are fucked

Relax. Tomorrow it will be reported that Brighton refuse to reduce his 10m buyout fee and that RDZ is no longer an option. Flick has decided to return to Bayern.

_GP29840.jpg

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Don't think we've decided on any manager yet, will probably decided sometime in March, early April.

As much as I like De Zerbi, his side's defensive frailties at times worry me. Would prefer Nagelsmann.

De Zerbi also seems to be Liverpool's Plan B if Xabi doesn't agree to join them.

ajnotkeith

Don't think we've decided on any manager yet, will probably decided sometime in March, early April.

As much as I like De Zerbi, his side's defensive frailties at times worry me. Would prefer Nagelsmann.

De Zerbi also seems to be Liverpool's Plan B if Xabi doesn't agree to join them.
Nagelsmann had a good project building at Bayern he wasn't allowed to finish. Agree that it would be cool to see him here. He showed a lot of positive aspects, especially in the Champions League. One wonders if he had Kane like Tuchel instead of Choupo would they be serious challengers this season... probably.
De Zerbi is a big risk. To be honest it's hard to evaluate his work at Brighton because a lot of it was also Potter's work before him and they have an extremely good board, it's hard to tell how much was him. He fits the philosophy but he will probably need to do some growing here too.

Its hard for the club because we have to take some sort of risk as there is no proven option.

Birdy

8 - 2, Brute?

People still mad that "Bumsi" annihilated the Amigos on the biggest stage.

The most butthurt of all the 'bums' that downplay Flick's brilliance is the one who sucks the balls of granny Amigos. He was in here the day of the 2-8 trying to preach us how overrated Bayern are and how Barca can eliminate them with Messi's and Suarez' quality, blah blah

Then, he was so emphatically ridiculed and shushed that he suffered PTSD and made mission of his life to hate on Flick.
Poor no lifer

Birdy

Language argument in 2024 is very antiquated and poor argument

There are tons of ways to overcome that. Look up the methods Nagelsman used in training for players that didn't speak German. They had the instructions in their own language

Honestly, a club that goes for language over coaching skills deserves to stay for ever in the dark

Home of Barca Fans