Liga Round 19: Las Palmas - Barca 1-2

Sorin

Best coach Barca had after Pep and Enrique. Has his team playing champagne football.
No arguments there. Hell, it’s arguable that he is a better coach than Enrique. All 3 so far ahead of Xavi that they are 3 dots to him.

ajnotkeith

Why don't you list some good managers that aren't already at elite clubs.

This is a common theme around here. Everyone runs their mouth criticizing left and right, but when you ask them to come up with real solutions they suddenly lose their aplomb.
Xavi had no real managing experience before we hired him. We hired him because he's a Barca legend and nothing else. You approve of his continuity despite that.

Now apparently we can only hire proven elite managers who succeeded in top clubs.

Morten

No arguments there. Hell, it’s arguable that he is a better coach than Enrique. All 3 so far ahead of Xavi that they are 3 dots to him.

Good to see that at least some people here are coming around to the idea that EV is actually a decent coach.

serghei

Xavi had no real managing experience before we hired him. We hired him because he's a Barca legend and nothing else. You approve of his continuity despite that.

Now apparently we can only hire proven elite managers who succeeded in top clubs.

What does this have to do with anything?

I don't care where the next manager comes from. He can come from Somalia for all I care. If he can win big titles, as in plural, he's the man.

Barcelonista001

New signing
Xavi must go, very sad
He should resign after this if not a win

We have players, but we keep repeating ourselves with teh same thing: NO tactics, we are more like an open book

ajnotkeith

What does this have to do with anything?

I don't care where the next manager comes from. He can come from Somalia for all I care. If he can win big titles, as in plural, he's the man.
You implied that there are no proven elite options available. But Xavi wasn't either and he's apparently one of the best according to you.
Who's to say we can't find someone better?

Porque

Regarding Xavi. Firstly tonight is not over and we may very well smash LP this second half.

But his future very much hinges on CdR and SuperCopa over the next week and a half.

BJJ

Sky Sport commentator: "I am close to Xavi and he has just given instructions to Raphinha following an offside by the player, and a lot of insults and scoldings that I can't say because of respect... Raphinha has replied 'I can't do anything else'".

serghei

You implied that there are no proven elite options available. But Xavi wasn't either and he's apparently one of the best according to you.
Who's to say we can't find someone better?

I do not care where the next manager comes from.

If some users here say we should hire Svengorandsson from Iceland and the guy is a hit, I take my hat off and applaud him and the posters that had such great football vision.

I admit Xavi can't do more at this point. His ceiling with this team is making CL knockouts and winning a La Liga title.

It is unlikely he can achieve more than he already achieved so far.

Home of Barca Fans