Lionel Messi - v7

Leong157

Fail to see your logic.

Any normal player would've been fined for going rogue against the club he's under contract with, and immediately stripped of his armband. Messi will, again, get protected and pampered, and no punishment will be applied to him.

Nothing will happen to him after the shit storm he created. And somehow this is a proof he's not protected and doesn't have too much influence? :lol:

Have too much influence does not equal "little dictator" or "running the club"

Porque

Fail to see your logic.

Any normal player would've been fined for going rogue against the club he's under contract with, and immediately stripped of his armband. Messi will, again, get protected and pampered, and no punishment will be applied to him.

Nothing will happen to him after the shit storm he created. And somehow this is a proof he's not protected and doesn't have too much influence? :lol:

It's painfully obvious that the amigos have used their influence to control the team, and Messi as chief amigo did that the most.

Agreed. He is still talking about no sport project and lack of signings. Which in other words is saying that he is not getting the supporting players that he wants.

Which going by rumours are Di Maria, Neymar in the past and now Lautaro.

Nothing contradicts the amigos. Especially as now this is public when his closest amigos are out and the coach that pandered to them is gone.

KingLeo10

This man was the glue that held it all together: :mou:

images

The Lion of Olympiakos

Ermaestro Donverde

CatalinR10

:lol: "Little dictator" means having way too much influence in the team.

he sure wants and wanted the old core to start year after year and get humiliated.

i bet he's at bartomeu's office as we speak demanding 35yo players as starters for next season to get humiliated +10 goals next time.

Messi = sadomasokist

cruyff messi

Fail to see your logic.

It's painfully obvious that the amigos have used their influence to control the team, and Messi as chief amigo did that the most.

So what?
the fact that he stays against his will isn't it already a punishment?
Deal with it

Newcomer

like @Wolfe said, Messi's contract would have been terminated after the season ended, he just had to send a burfoax before june 10 to confirm he was going to activate that option

it just doesn't make sense why he didnt do that, especially with a guy as shady as bartomeu in charge

I agree with you.

He is saying the president is a disaster, he doesn't trust Bartomeu clearly. Weirdly, he trusted him enough to believe he would let him leave for free when he is not tied to do it by contract anymore ? Ridiculous !

Also, Messi didn't send his burofax as soon as their season ended. It took it quite some time for a guy so ready to leave (he was supposedly asking all year long).

What i see is Bar?a lost 8-2, Messi was already fed up but it was the straw that broke the camel's back. Manchester City was already after him for years and he initiated contacts to leave Bar?a and join them at this moment. They already had an offer in stock for him and it didn't take long for both parties to find an agreement. This is where he sent his burofax, he started leaking stuff to his mouthpieces, that City people traveled to Barcelona for personal issues ofc.

Jorge Messi wasn't even in Barcelona at the time which shows their exit wasn't much prepared. It was kinda rushed and they themselves felt their case was weak, hence why they backed down when Bartomeu showed his firm intention to fight. Jorge Messi didn't even try to fight really.

Alik

Fail to see your logic.

You said this was a power play to get Bartomeu to resign. Turns out Bartomeu did a power play to make Messi stay.

Daisymorr

Its obviously good news that he is staying but his reason for staying is not great to be honest, basically he still wants to leave but his family and the club wont allow him to.

I hope i'm wrong but he may not be motivated enough this coming season to be at his best and with the team still very poor I don't see how he wont go into another sulk half way through the season.

It's a tough call but I think if the club got say ?200 million from him that might be the better option, and invest it back in the squad. I'm as big a fan of Messi as anyone but he seems to be staying for the wrong reasons and he hasn't even tried to hide it in his interview.

Sailor Mars

I don't see anything to suggest that Messi is a dictator and runs the club.

The only current athlete in a team sport that you could call a dictator would be Lebron James post Miami Heat.

serghei

You said this was a power play to get Bartomeu to resign. Turns out Bartomeu did a power play to make Messi stay.

No. I said it seemed like a powerplay to make his friends stay, especially Suarez. And I said one of the problems for Messi is Koeman and his plan to get rid of many veterans.

So far, Messi is staying and Suarez hasn't gone anywhere. And it's bad news for Koeman, just like I said all along.

Didn't change much my stance. But it does seem after recent events that there are more reasons than those listed by me.

Home of Barca Fans