Lionel Messi - v7

ItachiXXX

Not really. I was split on Setien. I liked Valverde gone, but Setien looked set to fail from the start.

In fact, I said that we need someone with authority, someone who is bold enough that will not compromise his integrity just to keep his job. Like Valverde and Setien both did.

It seems Koeman is that man. I'm sure Koeman only agreed to take us after he was given full control over the team.

Neither Valverde, and much less Setien (who arrived at a much worse moment), really had control over the locker-room.

Do you believe Koeman can change the team with a weak resume from PL or you believe he will get a respect or trust from the senior players because he is a Barca legend.
Just hope, nobody complaining about this and that from the players soon.

ItachiXXX

Whole year will be a fiasco. He looked sad and depressed in that interview. No doubt will he be sulking.
Barca holding him hostage remains lose/lose.

I doubt that, i still think he will give it all while walking. Maybe highly motivated actually to leave something for Barca before he moves on. This is the farewell mamba out season, let's enjoy it instead of wasting time hating in every fcking game if he runs or not

Hardy

at 34 he should really care if the board is good? what matter is the team, if we got trashed again in CL (very likely scenario) he'll leave.

FCMessi

Plenty of stars in ALL sports ditch rebuilding teams toward the end of their careers to join more established teams for the better chance to win it all.

An empty camp nou and being able to leave for free will likely make it much easier to leave.

If Koeman, Griezmann, Coutinho, Dembele all work out, maybe a different story/ending then.

Too many planets have to line up.

malvolio

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">�� ? Luis Enrique: "Sooner or later, Messi will leave Barcelona. Barcelona will continue winning titles without Messi and Messi will continue to be a mesmerizing player." <a href="https://t.co/CFuLFoal3m">pic.twitter.com/CFuLFoal3m</a></p>? Bar?a Universal (@BarcaUniversal) <a href="https://twitter.com/BarcaUniversal/status/1302243921146204161?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 5, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This fucker should be singing songs about Messi. If not for him + Neymar and Suarez we would have gone out against Bayern and Enrique would have been another Valverde.
Now he's a treble winner and in a comfortable job as NT coach.

soul24rage

This fucker should be singing songs about Messi. If not for him + Neymar and Suarez we would have gone out against Bayern and Enrique would have been another Valverde.

I mean, Enrique is not wrong.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana

That quote is taken out of context. He thinks Messi should have been allowed to leave via negotiated exit.

Home of Barca Fans