Lionel Messi - v7

JamDav1982

Isnt he the same guy that pique called him clown/puppet on twitter??

Fairly sure it is but doesnt mean he is wrong here.

Messi said a lot of things yesterday which contradict his actions and makes it look like he made decision to leave a lot more recently than he made out.

Either way the club and media need to let it go and move on.

soul24rage

Fairly sure it is but doesnt mean he is wrong here.

Messi said a lot of things yesterday which contradict his actions and makes it look like he made decision to leave a lot more recently than he made out.

Either way the club and media need to let it go and move on.

Yep, it sure does look like it contradicts what messi said.

Agree with you that for all parties involved, we should just move on and focus on the coming season.

serghei

I agree as well. What's done is done, focus on the next season and let's be positive. Maybe Koeman will get Messi to listen more, who knows. I believe in this team with Koeman as a manager.

Most important for me is that we finally have a manager that shows some personality for a change. He doesn't need to be a tactical genius, but work hard and demand respect. And have the courage to make decide his own fate by making his own decisions. That's exactly what his image looks like to me. A no-nonsense manager, with a plan, that demands respect and shows personality.

ItachiXXX

I agree as well. What's done is done, focus on the next season and let's be positive. Maybe Koeman will get Messi to listen more, who knows. I believe in this team with Koeman as a manager.

Most important for me is that we finally have a manager that shows some personality for a change. He doesn't need to be a tactical genius, but work hard and demand respect. And have the courage to make decide his own fate by making his own decisions. That's exactly what his image looks like to me. A no-nonsense manager, with a plan, that demands respect and shows personality.

You believe Setien too and i bet every next manager thats not Valverde.

I will bet, in every loses you will blame Messi for walking and other senior players 😁

Last edited:

xxxxxx

I can't see Koeman taking us that much forward. I honestly believe him and Messi are going to fall out and we'll be back to square one.

serghei

You believe Setien too and i bet every next manager thats not Valverde.

I will bet, in every loses you will blame Messi for walking and other senior players ��

Not really. I was split on Setien. I liked Valverde gone, but Setien looked set to fail from the start.

In fact, I said that we need someone with authority, someone who is bold enough that will not compromise his integrity just to keep his job. Like Valverde and Setien both did.

It seems Koeman is that man. I'm sure Koeman only agreed to take us after he was given full control over the team.

Neither Valverde, and much less Setien (who arrived at a much worse moment), really had control over the locker-room.

Last edited:

serghei

Anyways, we can forget about high line pressing as long as Messi is playing.

It can be done reasonably well as long as everyone else is running, and Messi tries a bit more than he did under Setien. If Messi and Suarez both play, yea, we're fucked. if only Messi plays, we'll see. But if he shows poor attitude, Koeman has to be smart enough to find ways not to play him all the time. Maybe disguise it as resting him, find ways to get away with not playing Messi every game, without the fanatic Messi fans turning on him.

Has to be smart enough to find ways to not play Messi every game, if Messi is not 100% focused on the team.

raskolnikov

Whole year will be a fiasco. He looked sad and depressed in that interview. No doubt will he be sulking.
Barca holding him hostage remains lose/lose.

serghei

Whole year will be a fiasco. He looked sad and depressed in that interview. No doubt will he be sulking.

That would be even more terrible for his image. His reputation and "legacy" will take another hit. I think he will try to play well though. Don't believe he will give less than this season, as he would come out looking terrible if he pulls that shit.

KingLeo10

He?ll have a rebound season because I believe in Koeman as a manager. Not tactically, but more so as a character with weight like Enrique had.

I expect him to see us to a LL. No chance of CL but we might not get humiliated if he?s the only old legs among the front 6.

BBZ8800

No one offered to buy him.
Only City had some shy attempts to sign him for free.

Maybe he is a hostage whom no one wants to buy aged 33+transfer fee+50m wages+getting a player who is ruining tactically your team+a player who is ruining your pressing game

People act as if he is still 26.
He is a few months away from Suarez's level.

Home of Barca Fans