Lionel Messi - v7

Neeraj

Shocking today. Bad decision making, terrible FK's, terrible give aways, and generally selfish and ineffective. I've been fairly neutral about Messi by and large, but when he puts on a performance like this, you've got to wonder how much Barto screwed us one last time by not allowing Messi to leave.

BBZ8800

the scenario is that of a player who last year was the pichichi and this year is unable to unlock. No one is saying that a player at 28 is equal to 33.
But Today, for example, he took the post and had a shot saved by a miraculous intervention of the Alaves goal keeper

Even in the last season, he scored around 10 penaldos and 5-10 free kicks, isn't it?

Post covid, he scored only vs Mallorca (4:0) and 2x vs Alaves (5:0).
11 matches in the last season and 6 matches in this season = 17 la liga matches, 3 goals from an open play.

Or, scored on 2 matches in the last 17 La liga matches from an open play.

Last edited:

Altomonte

Messi never plays well on short rest. He had a very good Juventus match, should have been rested today, or at least saved for the second half. It's on the coach to force Messi to play less. Anyway, he tried hard at the end, was close to scoring. He will be back but should not play all 90 minutes.

Richard.H

"I am happy with the sea and the cows" :lol: It's amazing to think that such a coach even got a shot at Barca. Like who in their right minds goes looking for a coach and is like "yep, that's the one to coach one of the biggest clubs in the world". Bartomeu the most incompetent president ever perhaps. At least Gaspart tried to choose good coaches. Should've just finished the season out with EV or sacked him after Anfield. Incredibly costly decisions that will haunt this club for a while

kattanib

Barto made sure to ?checkmate? Messi before leaving, and made sure Messi stays at Barca to suffer the humiliation of being naked without his guardian angels. Brilliant.

KingLeo10

DB: "So the phrase that Tata Martino said to Messi - "I know that if you call the president you can get me fired at any time, but don't show me every day" - fits perfectly. Did you want to tell him?".
QS: "Yes, I have heard that story and others. I don't need anyone to tell me what Martino or someone else said. I have lived it. I have had enough experiences to make an accurate assessment of what this boy and the others really are like."

tenor.gif

I used to feel bad that Messi only got to play under 1 world class manager (Pep) in his career but then there's evidence like this that explains why only 1 world class manager managed him over his career.

Messigician

Lionel Messi's game by numbers vs. Alaves:

107 touches
100% aerials won
13 take-ons completed
13 touches in opp. box
10 shots
5 shots on target
4 chances created
3 fouls won. [@Squawka]

Like I said, he wasn't bad just unlucky

Home of Barca Fans