Lionel Messi - v7

In 2008 Barca had to get rid of its emblematic player to begin a glorious new chapter in its history. Those people thought about the future and refused to be dragged back by the past.

In 2020 Barca cannot let go of its emblematic player because it's incapable to let go of the past. These people are unable to move on.

feggydinho

DB: "So the phrase that Tata Martino said to Messi - "I know that if you call the president you can get me fired at any time, but don't show me every day" - fits perfectly. Did you want to tell him?".
QS: "Yes, I have heard that story and others. I don't need anyone to tell me what Martino or someone else said. I have lived it. I have had enough experiences to make an accurate assessment of what this boy and the others really are like."

tenor.gif

I don't think anyone here is surprised by this

Messigician

Seti?n: "After leaving what I am clear on is that at certain times, I should have made other decisions, but there's something above you: the club."

He is slowly getting some coin back with me tbh I think he reads Barca forum

Blackened

To be fair Im surprised he maintained his dribbling as long as he did. Dribbling is obviously the most difficult aspect of the game and given Messis lack of interest for fitness, nutrition and things of that natured, one would have thought that by the time he is 30 it would have vanished. Ronaldo was a decent (never world-class) dribbler in his prime and when he was roughly 29, he began to change his game. This in spite of him being about 10 times more health-concious than Leo.

serghei

Ok, so little dictator, chief Amigo theory is now all but officially confirmed. Both by Tata Martino and by Setien. No surprise. We all saw Messi live disrespecting the managers.

Also, respect for Setien for speaking about the shit at the club.

Valverde should have done the same.

serghei

I reckon after he will retire we'll hear a lot of things about how Messi ruled the team, empowered by an idiotic board, and gave shit to all sorts of managers, to gain personal benefits for him and his circle of Amigos.

I'm actually surprised they started to already be made public.

serghei

DB: "So the phrase that Tata Martino said to Messi - "I know that if you call the president you can get me fired at any time, but don't show me every day" - fits perfectly. Did you want to tell him?".
QS: "Yes, I have heard that story and others. I don't need anyone to tell me what Martino or someone else said. I have lived it. I have had enough experiences to make an accurate assessment of what this boy and the others really are like."

tenor.gif

Wow, is this actually true? Did he really say that?

Hell, he should spill all out. Would be a sensational interview.

Mitchell1978

given Messis lack of interest for fitness, nutrition and things of that natured,

Thats just a fucking lie, Messi has followed a strict diet for years, and has maintained his fitness (and injury resistance) far more then most players his age.

You can say he declined but don't push lies like this.

serghei

If Setien sits in front of his cows with a laptop on his legs and a cup of coffee, and makes a book about Messi and his Amigos at Barca it would be a bestseller. These guys are so full of themselves it's unreal. They act like they own the club.

Glad we got rid of Suarez, and when Messi leaves this club, hopefully as soon as possible, will be clean of such toxic and unprofessional behaviors and we can build something new.

Vilarrubi

If Setien sits in front of his cows with a laptop on his legs and a cup of coffee, and makes a book about Messi and his Amigos at Barca it would be a bestseller. These guys are so full of themselves it's unreal. They act like they own the club.

Glad we got rid of Suarez, and when Messi leaves this club, hopefully as soon as possible, will be clean of such toxic and unprofessional behaviors and we can build something new.

Doubt it. He’s a nobody.

He’s the guy who promised us “Cruyff” football and said he wouldn’t change his methods only to be cucked by the players a few games later.

BBZ8800

yes they would, Juventus paid 118 million for CR7, City would have easily paid 100 million for Messi past summer if Barca was willing to negotiate.

That was pre-covid.
And CR7 was still able to score goals or improve the team.

I know that this sounds harsh, but a current version of Messi can't improve any big team.
He would pull down all of them with his walking, dropping deep, dribbling through 4 players and being unable to score.

Even in January or July, I don't believe that anyone will buy him.
He is getting 100m wages and he currently plays as a 3m player.

Even without transfer fee, who would buy this version of Messi with his wages?
Only Psg and City to improve their image of plastic clubs and to sell some shirts.

Sporting wise, no serious club would buy a current Messi.
Unless with 10m wages and using him as a supersub in the last 20 minutes and in national cup matches.

My posts have nothing to do with a prime Messi.
That player was an alien.

This guy is old and unable to cope with modern football anymore.
R9, Rivaldo, Ronaldinho, Etoo, Shevchenko, Batistuta, Ruud, Henry, Totti all reached that level in one moment.

Messi's decline has been one of the fastest, just a few Months.

There is no way back.

ItachiXXX

Ok, so little dictator, chief Amigo theory is now all but officially confirmed. Both by Tata Martino and by Setien. No surprise. We all saw Messi live disrespecting the managers.

Also, respect for Setien for speaking about the shit at the club.

Valverde should have done the same.

Funny both manager considered as worst. It's confirmed they want a scapegoat to clear up their names :lol:

For sure, you will buy everything. You will swallow everything that people said about so called Amigos theory and Messi as long it will favor ur agenda

Home of Barca Fans