Lionel Messi - v7

Zebulun

Lol what? That's EXACTLY why he should be pressing like a mad man. There's 15 seconds left and you're one goal up. Why would you let someone walk past you without any pressure, and let him put a ball in which could potentially be the equalizer? So stupid :smh:

I'm glad someone else caught this as well cause I was screaming to my flat mate when that happened live..

messi pressing in the last minute of the game when the team was already in a good defensive shape does not make sense. other time i criticize him for walking but this time it just doesnt make sense.
us being 2-1 up was only due to us getting luck from the ref, ter stegen having a partidazo, griezmann ghosting and missing open goals. take messi off this team, put neto on and we lose this game badly to a dinamo 3rd string team.

Last edited:

serghei

rooster-death-attack-01.jpg

:lol:

Actually, Griezmann and Lenglet are "roosters". :coffee:

Neeraj

messi pressing in the last minute of the game when the team was already in a good defensive shape does not make sense. other time i criticize him for walking but this time it just doesnt make sense.
us being 2-1 up was only due to us getting luck from the ref, ter stegen having a partidazo, griezmann ghosting and missing open goals. take messi off this team, put neto on and we lose this game badly to a dinamo 3rd string team.

I don't really follow the logic as to why it doesn't make sense to have one more player putting pressure on the ball when the rest of the team is in shape, considering that he doesn't have to conserve energy for anything, it's the last kick of the game, anyway..

He's been extremely poor these past few games, he really needs to stop trying those dribbles through the entire team, his turnovers are getting ridiculous right now.

Birdy

That's why you should not judge players based on clips, that clip was taken out of context. it was literally at the end of the game and didnt make sense to press.

https://twitter.com/ManuelCuenca823/status/1324171719779749890?s=20

Messi fanboys you are ridiculing yourselves even more.
He is doing that in every game all the time the last 5 years to say the least.

Pretending that the earth is flat and not round will not save your ridiculous attempts to defend Messi's flaws.

honest question - who from our squad is outperforming him right now?
all our attackers are shite, for different reasons.

There is nothing honest in your question.
It's the new stupid 'last ditch' attempt to save your argumentation from the living proof that we witness with every passing game.

And there is a simple answer: EVERYONE is outperforming him in the attacking positions in all phases of play, because none plays as badly as Messi curently, even dembele with his mistakes, or Griezman with his incompatibility.
None of the rest commits ALL of the following:
i) attempt to dribble and fail, or succeed and then fail to follow,
ii) attempt to pass and fail to find teammate
iii) attempt to shoot from difficult positions, and fail to score all the time
iv) do all the above at the wrong moments, when there is always a better option
v) Not have a position on pitch
vi) Demand the ball at his feet all the time.
vii) Never defend
Even Griezman who fails miserably on i)-iv), at least does v - vii) correctly

So, cut the shit and face reality.
The team is playing with 10 men with Messi on pitch

Zebulun

Messi fanboys you are ridiculing yourselves even more.
He is doing that in every game all the time the last 5 years to say the least.

Pretending that the earth is flat and not round will not save your ridiculous attempts to defend Messi's flaws.

There is nothing honest in your question.
It's the new stupid 'last ditch' attempt to save your argumentation from the living proof that we witness with every passing game.

And there is a simple answer: EVERYONE is outperforming him in the attacking positions in all phases of play, because none plays as badly as Messi curently, even dembele with his mistakes, or Griezman with his incompatibility.
None of the rest commits ALL of the following:
i) attempt to dribble and fail, or succeed and then fail to follow,
ii) attempt to pass and fail to find teammate
iii) attempt to shoot from difficult positions, and fail to score all the time
iv) do all the above at the wrong moments, when there is always a better option
v) Not have a position on pitch
vi) Demand the ball at his feet all the time.
vii) Never defend
Even Griezman who fails miserably on i)-iv), at least does v - vii) correctly

So, cut the shit and face reality.
The team is playing with 10 men with Messi on pitch

this post is mental illness or i3 ventures.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
With Suarez gone I thought I won't need to be frustrated at dumb decisions in attack all the time. I really did not expect Messi to inherit that mantle. So far he's been worse than Suarez on his bad days. Suarez at least was only giving dumb inaccurate passes and missing sitters, whereas Messi also loses the ball after superhero attempt dribbles, is easily outmuscled, shoots pathetically, slows down the play, tries predictable 1-2s, just stands after being dispossessed, does not move off the ball, drops down to the DM area. I'm sure I also missed something. He's become such a frustrating player. It's like all his flaws that accompanied him throughout the last 4 years have exacerbated tenfold.

Katarina1

Banned
With Suarez gone I thought I won't need to be frustrated at dumb decisions in attack all the time. I really did not expect Messi to inherit that mantle. So far he's been worse than Suarez on his bad days. Suarez at least was only giving dumb inaccurate passes and missing sitters, whereas Messi also loses the ball after superhero attempt dribbles, is easily outmuscled, shoots pathetically, slows down the play, tries predictable 1-2s, just stands after being dispossessed, does not move off the ball, drops down to the DM area. I'm sure I also missed something. He's become such a frustrating player. It's like all his flaws that accompanied him throughout the last 4 years have exacerbated tenfold.

who would have guessed that the forum de amigo narrative about Suarez singlehandedly ruining our attacks was BS

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
who would have guessed that the forum de amigo narrative about Suarez singlehandedly ruining our attacks was BS

Check Atletico games for yourself, lol. He is still the same finished player. Messi sucking doesn't mean that Suarez did not suck. The problem is Messi is dangerously approaching the "finished" territory.

Richard.H

The lack of intensity he plays with will only work in Serie A, I'm sure of it. LL and EPL is too fast for him now and he doesn't seem up for it. Sure, he might be motivated to play for Pep but how long can he keep it up for? They will need to completely change their tactics to accommodate Messi.

It's either two scenarios: He has totally declined and needs to play in Serie A, or he is just not motivated and wants another challenge.

If he's still in bad form by January then we should respectfully part ways. We are in danger of not even rebuilding properly+missing out on top 4.

Katarina1

Banned
The lack of intensity he plays with will only work in Serie A, I'm sure of it. LL and EPL is too fast for him now and he doesn't seem up for it. Sure, he might be motivated to play for Pep but how long can he keep it up for? They will need to completely change their tactics to accommodate Messi.

It's either two scenarios: He has totally declined and needs to play in Serie A, or he is just not motivated and wants another challenge.

If he's still in bad form by January then we should respectfully part ways. We are in danger of not even rebuilding properly+missing out on top 4.

This idea on here that Messi would suddenly destroy Serie A is such crap. He’s not even scoring from open play against Ferencvaros or Dynamo Kiev’s B team at home ffs.

I’m not saying he’s finished but his issues are more about the poor quality of teammates around him, lack of rest, and maybe a lack of motivation rather than the opposition. If there was a team in Italy that played like Man City then fair enough, but going to a team like Inter wouldn’t solve anything for him. If anything, he’d probably do worse there than here.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
It's really mental that a 33 year old player is playing 180 minutes every week. That also affects his performance. Ronaldo was being rested when he was 31-32 already.

Home of Barca Fans