Lionel Messi - v7

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
He has improved compared to the beginning of the season. Still bad finishing when you look at all his chances.
But Messi is on the right way.

serghei

Would be beautiful to get some luck with staying fit for a change, make about 2 good signings in the summer and maybe push for the title next season to give Messi some good last seasons.

I see positive signs. Running to press, closing down players after losing the ball. He seems to be improving his motivation and desire to work harder on the field.

He'll always have some off games at this age, but as long as he is involved and motivated, he'll be fine for about 2 more years, until 36 or so. Pedri is great for his game. A player of fresh legs, ambition, and uniquely high football IQ right in his areas of action.

Last edited:

KingLeo10

What are you on about?! 30-35 a season is prime striker level numbers.

Messi gets compared to Messi standards. Stop foaming at the mouth and seeing negative in everything.

I specifically said it's not a bad return for someone who's about to be 34 and has already scored 700+ goals

serghei

Messi gets compared to Messi standards. Stop foaming at the mouth and seeing negative in everything.

I specifically said it's not a bad return for someone who's about to be 34 and has already scored 700+ goals

Messi standards in terms of quality and also Messi standards in terms of how the game is always focused on him, a sort of special role that doesn't happen at any other team.

You simply need him to perform constantly for this to have any hope of working for his last years. Like today, like vs Valladolid.

KingLeo10

They are praising him for good performances, as it's normal. :coffee:

Except BBZ. :lol: He's building an essay to spin this...

BBZ was really cartwheeling that GOAT to WOAT mantra.

I mean, everyone with a pair of eyes can see Messi's declined but BBZ was out here spinning that yarn like Messi was Douglas.

:lol:

serghei

He has improved compared to the beginning of the season. Still bad finishing when you look at all his chances.
But Messi is on the right way.

It's his best bet atm. Extending the contract, and going hard for 2 years, then go to US or whatever. Any big title in these years would be sweet to end it on a high. And will participate to rebuild the side which is also a thing he's never really done at Barca.

There was plenty of motivation to be drawn from our current situation all along, but he was just acting a spoiled child who got his toys taken away from him. Now he's coming around.

Home of Barca Fans