Lionel Messi - v7

serghei

One thing that could make him start to look at staying is the runners in team Barca have compared to others.

Barca have Pedri, FDJ, Dembele, Fati, Griezmann if there who will all run into ground for him.

Will he get that at City? With KDB or PSG with Mbappe/Neymar.

The way Barca are playing it could end up the best structure for him to play in as gets older is this team.

Pedri has that athlete look that Xavi and Iniesta had. Can run all day.

Also, looking at the market, if we can't sign Haaland, it's not as pressing to phase out Messi. A top "9" is key for post Messi era. And the market is not really flooded with those types of players.

Birdy

Great game apart from the cheap giveaway for the 2-3 at the end.

See? when he plays well, we are not biased to say the opposite.

Daniele

Great game apart from the cheap giveaway for the 2-3 at the end.

See? when he plays well, we are not biased to say the opposite.

ehhe mate,
honestly you and others should write
"Great game apart from the cheap giveaway for the 2-3 at the end.
It was a bias saying he was a finished player"

Rory

Joy to watch tonight. I'd honestly forgot what it was like to watch a performance from him where you're on the edge of your seat expecting something to happen each time he's near the box.

Birdy

ehhe mate,
honestly you and others should write
"Great game apart from the cheap giveaway for the 2-3 at the end.
It was a bias saying he was a finished player"

Not really. We, or at least I, judge based on evidence, and not based on emotion.
His performances until recently indicated that he was a finished player.
Recently that has started to change, and there is no problem at all to say so.

Contrary to you (especially you who all your posts recycled excuses), and other fanboys, who were not brave enough to say he was playing like finished for so long.
That's a big difference there.

Horatio

You're welcome

Not necessarily. One theory out of a handful of possible ones. Some were saying and hoping it was due to unhappiness, also lack of crowd during games.

Birdy

Not necessarily. One theory out of a handful of possible ones. Some were saying and hoping it was due to unhappiness, also lack of crowd during games.

Right. Never denied that.
Only thing that was not questionable was that he was playing awfully.

Daniele

Not really. We, or at least I, judge based on evidence, and not based on emotion.
Recently that has started to change, and there is no problem at all to say so.

Contrary to you (especially you who all your posts recycled excuses), and other fanboys, who were not brave enough to say he was playing like finished for so long.
That's a big difference there.

ooook, so you're always right <lol
Finished means that he is FINISHED:aka: that it's impossible for him to perform like today!
Convenient to say yesterday he was a finished player but today no
haha ​​and instead u say that we, who had a much more balanced judgment ,are fanboys and we invent excuses LOL
ok ok bro you're always right;)

Birdy

ooook, so you're always right <lol
Finished means that he is FINISHED:aka: that it's impossible for him to perform like today!
Convenient to say yesterday he was a finished player but today no
haha ​​and instead u say that we, who had a much more balanced judgment ,are fanboys and we invent excuses LOL
ok ok bro you're always right;)

Don't play this game.
You never had a balanced judgment. You invented excuses all the time, never to admit he was not playing well..
You were trying to argue with silly rationale that it's not him burdening the team, but the others around him that are not making him look like a burden. lol.
That's why I called you flat-earthers.
I hope now you saw the light (that it's not the others, and he can play fine alongside the rest of the team), you now know the earth is round, and after today you will not repeat again that BS excuse...

And if you are referring to me personally, I never took a lot of time to speculate as to whether he is finished, whether it's his unhappiness, whether it's the crowd, or what the possible reason might be.
I just always stick to the fact that he was not playing well in every respect.

Home of Barca Fans