Lionel Messi - v7

Havesaks

Where could he have gone in his peak that would have paid him more and at another top club?

Real wouldnt happen and after that not many that tick those boxes.

Bayern and Chelsea were apparently ready with Adidas to make a deal back then and paying his 250m release clause. All though Bayern arent known for giving high salaries, I still think they would have went for it.

JamDav1982

Bayern and Chelsea were apparently ready with Adidas to make a deal back then and paying his 250m release clause. All though Bayern arent known for giving high salaries, I still think they would have went for it.

Or that was all bluster and more power play.

When have a kit manufacturer ever done that?

Leave MSN to got to Chelsea or Bayern who are not what they are now? Unlikely.

Havesaks

Or that was all bluster and more power play.

When have a kit manufacturer ever done that?

Leave MSN to got to Chelsea or Bayern who are not what they are now? Unlikely.

I think it was summer 2013, and that was before Suarez, and Neymar wasnt Europe-proven yet. Anyway, im sure Messi could have gotten a better contract if he played hardball like he did in 2015-2017.

edit: and yes, both chelsea and bayern did pretty well also in those years.

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
Chelsea rumours were when Cesc was playing there and Messi started following them on Insta or whatever.

JamDav1982

I think it was summer 2013, and that was before Suarez, and Neymar wasnt Europe-proven yet. Anyway, im sure Messi could have gotten a better contract if he played hardball like he did in 2015-2017.

edit: and yes, both chelsea and bayern did pretty well also in those years.

It was 2015 and that was year MSN won the treble also linked if 2013 first time but even then Barca had won the treble two years prior and had won it two years later.

That is when the adidas rumours of Chelsea/Bayern and when he followed Chelsea.

Doubt any truth in it regardless but gets nice headlines.

Last edited:

Havesaks

It was 2015 and that was year MSN won the treble also linked if 2013 first time but even then Barca had won the treble two years prior and had won it two years later.

That is when the adidas rumours of Chelsea/Bayern and when he followed Chelsea.

Doubt any truth in it regardless but gets nice headlines.

2013 Mundo D. made the claim at least, Adidas denying it (ofc).
https://bleacherreport.com/articles...-bayern-munich-or-real-madrid-says-adidas?m=1

where there is smoke theres fire

Nazario1985

The amount of garbage you can read from trolls throwing anything at the player who pushed this club in the last 12 years is hilarious :D !!

He squeezed the most amount of money he could get as ANY player would have done if given the opportunity.

For people wondering if in 2013 - 2015 -2017, any top club would have paid him that money or more ... ManCity would have been the first one to do it.

Anyway his stats show how important he was for the club, try find even close to that then we'll talk.

Others with 50% of his skills would have left in 2017 seeing their is no serious project going on in the club and getting the same or more money elsewhere including Italy with their aggressively low tax system.

Gnidrologist

I agree with those, who say this i club's fault. Messi doesn't seem like a guy, who cares about money that much. He was set for life 15 years ago already. All these hundreds of millions is mostly big boy game that is hardly relevant to autistic genius, who only wanted to play football. Don't think he has even slightest idea what to do with all this money. Some snakes around him will probably decide this for him.

eaman

I thought everybody knew what was in Messi's contract already. Isn't it common knowledge? Doesn't everybody know what Ronaldo is getting? Plenty of players contracts are made public with no fuss being made

Last edited:

KingLeo10

you have acted disgracefully and brought dishonor to the Let's Hope list

you can go and support Barcelona on other forums, PeasentLeo10 :lol:

Color me surprised that Amoebagician and this low IQ lad who probably sleeps with a life sized figure of Messi and defends him like an estranged lover are dispensing advice that Messi deserves 550 M in salaries over the last 4 years for his performances.

KingLeo10

At the end of the day he's a footballer, not a player who plays for charity. Who are we (or anyone) to ask that he plays for free? He doesn't owe the club that.

No one asked him to play for free. You?re twisting the argument.

He absolutely should have been the highest paid player in the world in his prime. He deserved that. He just can?t make 155 m a year while declining. That doesn?t give the club or him the best chances to win. The board is the number 1 culprit but Messi played his part in the series of CL humiliations we?ve had lately.

Newcomer

I agree with those, who say this i club's fault. Messi doesn't seem like a guy, who cares about money that much. He was set for life 15 years ago already. All these hundreds of millions is mostly big boy game that is hardly relevant to autistic genius, who only wanted to play football. Don't think he has even slightest idea what to do with all this money. Some snakes around him will probably decide this for him.

Messi isn't some kind of candid man. Everyone likes money. Especially when they come from a modest background, they know to well the value of money and want to set their future generations free from any problem.

malvolio

Color me surprised that Amoebagician and this low IQ lad who probably sleeps with a life sized figure of Messi and defends him like an estranged lover are dispensing advice that Messi deserves 550 M in salaries over the last 4 years for his performances.

you surely aren't worthy of being on that list, that much is true. :lol:

otherwise i couldn't give two fucks what salaries are being payed to football players. i can't even be mad at griezmann for earning as much he does, while doing nothing. fair play to him, i just want him gone, that's all.

messi on the other hand, is our best player ever and the player that guided us over our best period as a club.

so you wanted for him to just bring the money back because he signed a contract 4 years ago?

Newcomer

He absolutely should have been the highest paid player in the world in his prime. He deserved that. He just can?t make 155 m a year while declining. That doesn?t give the club or him the best chances to win. The board is the number 1 culprit but Messi played his part in the series of CL humiliations we?ve had lately.

I agree with KingLeo about the fact that it is ironic that a player costing so much is whining about the club not strengthening the team. Not saying Messi doesn't deserve his pay due to his achievements in and out of the pitch but it is a bit rich.

I see the same with Mbapp? asking for "responsabilities" or "waiting to see if the team is ambitious and can compete in CL" when the fucker can't score for his life in knock-outs games and doesn't take his "responsabilities" in big games. Who is the one who made a pass straight to Neuer when he had the chance to score ? Who was slipping against MU when we needed one goal ?

It is always the club who has to provide them with something. You want a stronger team around you or you are disappointed because you wanted your club to buy Neymar last summer ? How about you lower your wage so that the club can make those signings then. If you don't want to, just don't whine about your club lacking ambition and enjoy your money in silence.

Home of Barca Fans