Lionel Messi - v7

malvolio

I agree with KingLeo about the fact that it is ironic that a player costing so much is whining about the club not strengthening the team. Not saying Messi doesn't deserve his pay due to his achievements in and out of the pitch but it is a bit rich.

I see the same with Mbapp? asking for "responsabilities" or "waiting to see if the team is ambitious and can compete in CL" when the fucker can't score for his life in knock-outs games and doesn't take his "responsabilities" in big games. Who is the one who made a pass straight to Neuer when he had the chance to score ? Who was slipping against MU when we needed one goal ?

It is always the club who has to provide them with something. You want a stronger team around you or you are disappointed because you wanted your club to buy Neymar last summer ? How about you lower your wage so that the club can make those signings then. If you don't want to, just don't whine about your club lacking ambition and enjoy your money in silence.

he did plenty enough. we wouldn't have been in a position to play semis/quarters/finals without him. not saying that it wouldn't have happened with another star player in the team instead of messi, but we achieved what we achieved with him. after xavi/iniesta left he was the primary playmaker and finisher of the team. do you want him to defend also? or stand in goal?

the bullshit of him keeping quiet or talking too much gets thrown in here all the time. people will always complain.

what he said was true and none of his business to give his own money to make signings. after all the money was there. we cashed in over 200m for neymar and splashed over 300m(nearly 400m?) for coutinho/griezmann/dembele. should messi have gifted the club 200-300m from his own salary so that bartomeu and co. have another go at the transfer market?

no football player does that and rightly so. grow up people

Last edited:

Gnidrologist

Messi isn't some kind of candid man. Everyone likes money. Especially when they come from a modest background, they know to well the value of money and want to set their future generations free from any problem.
Of course. I just think that he isn't the one, who is obsessed with the contract deals with Barca. There are probably a small army of people, who manages his financial shit and i doubt he does anything more than nod to them.

JamDav1982

Of course. I just think that he isn't the one, who is obsessed with the contract deals with Barca. There are probably a small army of people, who managers his financial shit and i doubt he does anything more than nod to them.

He said the opposite on his interview recently and said very aware of his own finances and how much has in bank etc. Which there is nothing wrong with but ridiculous to make out he doesnt care about money or was involved with getting as much as he could from Barca.

Of course he did let virtually every player would.

Messigician

Mark Halsey ( Ex. Premier league referee)

"I have been in that situation, when I have seen an incident and been told to say I haven?t seen it, we?ve been told to give a certain amount of corners, or throw ins, fouls, bookings etc. The Premier League is rife with with spot fixing and bias towards certain clubs. Every referee in the Premier league could be infront of a court one day soon."

Huge

JamDav1982

"I have been in that situation, when I have seen an incident and been told to say I haven?t seen it, we?ve been told to give a certain amount of corners, or throw ins, fouls, bookings etc. The Premier League is rife with with spot fixing and bias towards certain clubs. Every referee in the Premier league could be infront of a court one day soon."

Huge

Fake quote from years ago.

Newcomer

he did plenty enough. we wouldn't have been in a position to play semis/quarters/finals without him. not saying that it wouldn't have happened with another star player in the team instead of messi, but we achieved what we achieved with him. after xavi/iniesta left he was the primary playmaker and finisher of the team. do you want him to defend also? or stand in goal?

the bullshit of him keeping quiet or talking too much gets thrown in here all the time. people will always complain.

what he said was true and none of his business to give his own money to make signings. after all the money was there. we cashed in over 200m for neymar and splashed over 300m(nearly 400m?) for coutinho/griezmann/dembele. should messi have gifted the club 200-300m from his own salary so that bartomeu and co. have another go at the transfer market?

no football player does that and rightly so. grow up people

I didn't say he didn't earn his money. I said the opposite but he is complaining about the team not being ambitious or allegedly being unhappy because the club didn't buy Neymar back last summer.

Bar?a has made some bad mistakes or been unlucky but nobody can say they weren't ambitious.
The same way they took Suarez, the best player of Liverpool, with great success, they failed with Coutinho.
They, then, got unlucky with Demb?l? who is constantly injured. At the time, those were among the best available attacking players in the world.
Then, there is Griezmann. It was really a poor decision just only for the obvious problem of his position in the team. Still, it could be said it was showing ambition to take him.
There is also de Jong case. They showed ambition by paying over 80 M for him instead of going for Rabiot.

Financially speaking, those were all bad deals but it was undeniably showing sporting ambition.

So what Bar?a should have done to please Messi ? Real Madrid is showing it is not quite simple either to rebuild after they lost only Cristiano Ronaldo while you lost Xavi, Iniesta, Neymar, Alves.

Only Liverpool and Bayern seem to have done the right things. I'm not putting Manchester City with the two above because they are still choking in CL despite their very good team.
Bayern have the whole Bundesliga feeding them players. Liverpool is the contrary to Bar?a. They got very succesful and lucky with their signings but with some injuries, it isn't all rosy either for them.

So tell me, what Bar?a should have done to please Messi ? Only player i know he wanted specifically was Neymar last summer. Bar?a tried and he was too expensive. Maybe Messi should have given away a bit of his money to get his amigo back to the club.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent

Huge

Petition to add Amoebagician to the goal com blacklist :lol:

Gnidrologist

He said the opposite on his interview recently and said very aware of his own finances and how much has in bank etc. Which there is nothing wrong with but ridiculous to make out he doesnt care about money or was involved with getting as much as he could from Barca.

Of course he did let virtually every player would.
Okay. but what does it all come to to? Accepting that Messi is just another filthy rich aristocrat, that we already knew he was?
I personally don't give a shit what he earns. The problem is always the Club, who let's him. And if that's above his or anyone's appropriate ceiling, then it's club's fault.

JohnN

Again I don't understand some people. Messis contract was signed way back in 2017 with no covid in sight and him at a great level and age.
He wanted to leave last season. And the argument against him is he doesn't deserve this kind of money in 2021. No shit, he is 34 and the club is broke. But the timing is kind of important here isn't it? This wasn't signed yesterday.

KingLeo10

Again I don't understand some people. Messis contract was signed way back in 2017 with no covid in sight and him at a great level and age.
He wanted to leave last season. And the argument against him is he doesn't deserve this kind of money in 2021. No shit, he is 34 and the club is broke. But the timing is kind of important here isn't it? This wasn't signed yesterday.

It was 155 M a year over 4 years in 2017. He was the best player in the world in 2017 but this kind of contract over the remaining years (especially 2020, 2021) in which he knew he would decline hamstrings the club. The board is still more culpable with terrible signings like Coutinho and Griezmann but Messi played his part is making us broke with ridiculous salaries and not the performances to match that salary outside of 18/19.

All I'm saying is he cares more about his bank account than the well-being of the club, which is the angle he takes in interviews.

Havesaks

Even back then, Messi shouldnt ask for such astronomical amounts. Thats the point. Before and after covid, its too much. Its in his right, but lets just accept he isn't the saint and savior some people want him out to make. Strongarming barca to a point he is squeezing for every penny.

malvolio

It was 155 M a year over 4 years in 2017. He was the best player in the world in 2017 but this kind of contract over the remaining years (especially 2020, 2021) in which he knew he would decline hamstrings the club. The board is still more culpable with terrible signings like Coutinho and Griezmann but Messi played his part is making us broke with ridiculous salaries and not the performances to match that salary outside of 18/19.

All I'm saying is he cares more about his bank account than the well-being of the club, which is the angle he takes in interviews.

20/21 and he still was/is best player in the club. he knew he would decline? :lol: like that's his job, to know how things will go.

Messi in 2017: "Uh Oh, I might decline in 2 years time. Better tell them that I'm unsure about myself and they should give me less money"

Even back then, Messi shouldnt ask for such astronomical amounts. Thats the point. Before and after covid, its too much. Its in his right, but lets just accept he isn't the saint and savior some people want him out to make. Strongarming barca to a point he is squeezing for every penny.

what he got was dictated by the market and the money that was thrown around at the time. city/psg and maybe other clubs would have gladly payed the same salary to him. and we don't really know how much neymar or ronaldo are getting right now. wouldn't be surprised to hear they get way more than what rumors are suggesting.

Last edited:

KingLeo10

20/21 and he's still was/is best player in the club. he knew he would decline? :lol: like that's his job to know how things will go.

what he got was dictated by the market and the money that was thrown around at the time. city/psg and maybe other clubs would have gladly payed the same salary to him. and we don't really know how much neymar or ronaldo are getting right now. wouldn't be surprised to hear they get way more than what rumors are suggesting.

155 M a year is for being the best player in the world. He isn't top 3 right now. Can you not read?

Anyway, why do you even bother to respond? You're the kind of lad who would give up his life earnings for a guy who gives 0 fucks about your existence.

Last edited:

Havesaks

20/21 and he's still was/is best player in the club. he knew he would decline? :lol: like that's his job to know how things will go.

Im sure they would, I dont disagree with you. So what? Its his "right" as a player, but dont come and tell me isnt a mercenary.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans