Lionel Messi - v7

JamDav1982

Won a penalty but didn't do much else in open play. Messi will always dominate a game more than ronaldo no matter the score. If messi stayed around the box making runs all game he'd probably be ahead in the scoring charts but who wants to just watch that

Barca couldnt pick him up and was constantly moving and helping Juve. Was better until well ahead.

Morten

Won a penalty but didn't do much else in open play. Messi will always dominate a game more than ronaldo no matter the score. If messi stayed around the box making runs all game he'd probably be ahead in the scoring charts but who wants to just watch that

Messi is a better creator, but i dont think he would be that efficient in the box anymore.

Havesaks

It doesnt matter if Ronaldo is better or not, as the overall level is pretty bad right now in the world top. Only Lewa is up to messis and ronaldos normal standards. This messi and messi 2017 are two different entities.

JamDav1982

Messi was quite good in the 2nd half in that game.

He was better once Juve just sat back.

Strange argument about Messi not getting chances around box when he had by far the most chances of any player in that game.

Messi was probably Barcas best player across 90 mins but while game was close Ronaldo was having more impact.

KingLeo10

What facts?

Ronaldo being better than Messi now. :lol:

Messi's scored 5 or 6 penalties this season. From his 16 goals.

CR7 has scored maybe 6-8 from his 22 goals? They've both been penalty merchants except that CR7 has scored more in open play.

I'm not talking about peak. Messi easily wins there.

I'm not talking about career. Messi wins there too or it's a tie.

I'm talking 2020-2021.

eaman

It doesnt matter if Ronaldo is better or not, as the overall level is pretty bad right now in the world top. Only Lewa is up to messis and ronaldos normal standards. This messi and messi 2017 are two different entities.

Lewa is not as good as messi and Ronaldo during their peak years

ebc_99

Ronaldo has scored a few more goals but we all know there is a lot more to Messi's game, Leo has played at a higher level than Cristiano since November though Ronaldo had a better start to the season.
But neither has had a great season but I would still put them in the top 3 with Lewandowski, I don't think anyone else has stood out, maybe Kimmich at Bayern.

Morten

Ronaldo has scored a few more goals but we all know there is a lot more to Messi's game, Leo has played at a higher level than Cristiano since November though Ronaldo had a better start to the season.
But neither has had a great season but I would still put them in the top 3 with Lewandowski, I don't think anyone else has stood out, maybe Kimmich at Bayern.

There are a few others in the mix, Salah, Kane, Fernandes, Muller.

Last edited:

eaman

There are a few others in the mix, Salah, Kane, Fernandes, Muller.

How could you forget haaland seen as he's mentioned every day on this forum. Also Ibra , de Bruyne and gundogan who was always good in my opinion but has really shone the last few months

Home of Barca Fans