Lionel Messi - v7

malvolio

We should have been 2-0 in front, before they scored. Messi gave good balls to Griezmann and Trincao. But they lacked finishing

malvolio

Messi's scored 5 or 6 penalties this season. From his 16 goals.

CR7 has scored maybe 6-8 from his 22 goals? They've both been penalty merchants except that CR7 has scored more in open play.

I'm not talking about peak. Messi easily wins there.

I'm not talking about career. Messi wins there too or it's a tie.

I'm talking 2020-2021.

I was being sarcastic with the 'better at scoring penaldos' remark.

If you look at the numbers they are pretty equal. Surely you can't say Ronaldo was better. Not to mention Ronaldo doesn't play make at all for Juve.

If I see donkeys like Muller, Kane or Fernandes put in the same bracket as Messi, I'll go nuts.

serghei

Great match. Was one of the leaders of the team trying to turn the game around. Would be a pity if he leaves for money.

CatalinR10

Let's hope The GOAT , the 6 times Ballon D'or , 6 time Europe golden boot winner , 10 times best player in Spain , 7 times Pichichi winner , 3 times Uefa Best player of the year , Fifa World player of the year , The Best Fifa Football Player and Laureus award scores against Real Betis.

@Pedro

@KingLeo10

@Vilarrubi

@Hardy

@Devils

@Malvolio

Horatio

You're welcome
Obviously lost pace but his dribbling got much better compared to months ago. Was passing Granada players left and right like nothing. Should've had a goal or two.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Gonna stir up some shit buuut:
I think Messi was awful for most of the match. Gave away tons of balls and fucked up everything around the box as I said. No precision in passing and scared to shoot from the edge of the box for some reason.
The most annoying thing was that he did not realize that it impossible to break a bus by his stupid 1-2s 30m 25m away from goal that are hard to pull off and that caused tons of counters for Granada.

Then he realized there are possibilities to play his trademark pass into his favorite space and found Griezmann twice. Although the first pass was a tad too long and it was all Griezmann tbh. It was not human how he managed to get a dangerous shot off from there. Second pass was perfect.

Was good in extra time obviously and played well there. But all in all Messi was the worst player on the pitch after Umtiti until the last two minutes. He played like in the beginning of the season. Slowing down everything, no precision and awful in front of goal.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
I think Messi was awful for most of the match. Gave away tons of balls and fucked up everything around the box as I said. No precision in passing and scared to shoot from the edge of the box for some reason.
The most annoying thing was that he did not realize that it impossible to break a bus by his stupid 1-2s 30m 25m away from goal that are hard to pull off and that caused tons of counters for Granada.

Then he realized there are possibilities to play his trademark pass into his favorite space and found Griezmann twice. Although the first pass was a tad too long and it was all Griezmann tbh. It was not human how he managed to get a dangerous shot off from there. Second pass was perfect.

Was good in extra time obviously and played well there. But all in all Messi was the worst player on the pitch after Umtiti until the last two minutes. He played like in the beginning of the season. Slowing down everything, no precision and awful in front of goal.

True, he was the main reason we were so poor until he decided that it's time to switch up the play since he is the one who dictates it. Was poor at the beginning of the first half when the team was playing very well. I hope his takeaway from this is that we need more urgency.

Bobo32

Griezmann was worse, and Messi made a couple more great things than the assists, but I agree with the overall picture
Before last year or so, Messi never had a "bad" game imo. This season he has mostly played bad.

Still should be pretty immune to critique

edit: I also mostly agree with the post below

Last edited:
I dont post often, but after reading some of these posts i felt like i need to say something... I dont know if the people posting are young, or they don?t really watch football, but Messi is the reason we won today, the reason we are in the top 4, the reason we are competitive.. I think the issue with Messi and all these hate messages is that people are comparing a 34 year old Messi playing with Braithwaite, old alba, old busquets, griezman, dest etc. To prime messi playing with xavi, iniesta, dani alves... if it was any other player, even in the worst game Messi has played, he would be praised.. if you watch the game, every single goal we had was because of Messis contributions, not only in this game but in every game. Even in attacks where messi doesnt touch the ball,
Pause the screen and see how many of the other teams players are around messi.. people need to stop hating on this guy, and enjoy the last couple of years we have of the greatest footballer to ever play the game..

The funniest thing is the people who act like they are the accountants of Barcelona 😂

Home of Barca Fans