Lionel Messi - v7

Hardy

The rumors about PSG are intensifying day by day, while everything about City seems shut down, it's rather a bluff or he's really going to PSG. bad move for Leo.

FinBarcelonafan

The rumors about PSG are intensifying day by day, while everything about City seems shut down, it's rather a bluff or he's really going to PSG. bad move for Leo.

Nah. He likes more France than England. He could play with his old buddy Neymar. Mbappe ain't bad either. It makes sense. He probably knows EPL is toobtougg too.

JamDav1982

France could make sense for money, CL chances with that forward line, gteed title in a season may want to take it easy in a lot of games with WC on the horizon.

eaman

Nah. He likes more France than England. He could play with his old buddy Neymar. Mbappe ain't bad either. It makes sense. He probably knows EPL is toobtougg too.

The premier league isn't much tougher these days than la liga. Playing with that city team would make the Premier league easier than playing in la liga at the moment. Teams can't get near city with guardiolas quick passing game. There would be no benefits to joining psg. They have as much of a chance at winning the champions league as barca do. He would get no credit for scoring a hatrick in an ligue 1 game whereas he would get credit for just putting in a good performance in any premier league game

Messi983

We're playing PSG in two weeks, they're just trying to unsettle us.

City is doing well right now so they don't "need" those rumours like they did at the start of the season when they've struggled.

But I'm sure If we'll beat PSG and play City in the next round there will again be rumours linking Messi to City. And even more so if we'd beat them as well with Messi playing great because then they'll suddenly find a "need" for him again.

At this time I don't believe Messi has decided about his future, so there is no way guys like Di Maria (even being his friend) can know for sure what he'll do. He looks to be enjoying playing again alongside the youngsters and I think he'll wait until the elections and talk with the new president before making a final decision.

Daniele

I dont post often, but after reading some of these posts i felt like i need to say something... I dont know if the people posting are young, or they don?t really watch football, but Messi is the reason we won today, the reason we are in the top 4, the reason we are competitive.. I think the issue with Messi and all these hate messages is that people are comparing a 34 year old Messi playing with Braithwaite, old alba, old busquets, griezman, dest etc. To prime messi playing with xavi, iniesta, dani alves... if it was any other player, even in the worst game Messi has played, he would be praised.. if you watch the game, every single goal we had was because of Messis contributions, not only in this game but in every game. Even in attacks where messi doesnt touch the ball,
Pause the screen and see how many of the other teams players are around messi.. people need to stop hating on this guy, and enjoy the last couple of years we have of the greatest footballer to ever play the game..

The funniest thing is the people who act like they are the accountants of Barcelona 😂

forget it man,
this place is full of kids who think that football is the playstation
and have prejudices about the current Messi because they compare him to Prime Messi

JamDav1982

forget it man,
this place is full of kids who think that football is the playstation
and have prejudices about the current Messi because they compare him to Prime Messi

Shoudl forget it as it was not all about Messi and that just writes off the other players involved.

It is that desperation to give Messi absolute credit for everything which is as bad as those on opposite side.

Messi was one of reasons Barca won. Up there with Alba and Griezmann as to who turned the game.

Daniele

Shoudl forget it as it was not all about Messi and that just writes off the other players involved.

It is that desperation to give Messi absolute credit for everything which is as bad as those on opposite side.

Messi was one of reasons Barca won. Up there with Alba and Griezmann as to who turned the game.

I didn't even see the game yesterday,
I was talking about the general tendency of some users to criticize Messi just because he is no longer the same as 10 years ago

malvolio

Gonna stir up some shit buuut:
I think Messi was awful for most of the match. Gave away tons of balls and fucked up everything around the box as I said. No precision in passing and scared to shoot from the edge of the box for some reason.
The most annoying thing was that he did not realize that it impossible to break a bus by his stupid 1-2s 30m 25m away from goal that are hard to pull off and that caused tons of counters for Granada.

Then he realized there are possibilities to play his trademark pass into his favorite space and found Griezmann twice. Although the first pass was a tad too long and it was all Griezmann tbh. It was not human how he managed to get a dangerous shot off from there. Second pass was perfect.

Was good in extra time obviously and played well there. But all in all Messi was the worst player on the pitch after Umtiti until the last two minutes. He played like in the beginning of the season. Slowing down everything, no precision and awful in front of goal.

you're like a broken record these days. the whole discussion started because this chap wanted to stir some shit up with his 'knowledgeable' insight over last night's game.

then the usual haters like te_amo or serghei, took it as true facts and pilled some more trolling or stupidity.

Devils

Aren't clubs in France really struggling for funds right now? I thought their television rights deal fell through and all clubs lost a large portion of revenue.

Seems very doubtful to me that they are going to renew Neymar and Mbappe with salary increases and sign Messi for on a free that will come with massive wages as well.

Seems all a bit too much.

xxxxxx

It makes more sense for Messi to go to City than it does to PSG. He knows Pep and Aguero so well. City has a better team overall than PSG does. City is in a better position in regards to FFP; PSG just lost over 200m due to COVID.... and they also lost a lot of their TV money in France. PSG simply can't throw 1m a week at Messi, especially from their losses due to COVID and the France TV money. If anything, PSG probably has to sell or release players to balance the books. Man City don't have to do any of that. I feel City will probably sell Mahrez in the summer to fund Messi's move in any case.

Why the hell are people saying the Premier League is a much tougher league? Man Utd just beat Southampton 9-0. That Man Utd team isn't even that good. When players like Vardy are still banging in the goals, you honestly think Messi couldn't?

Home of Barca Fans