Lionel Messi - v7

Windhook

Imagine Messi joining another club in Europe. He'd literally shit on his legacy.

PSG might have the most tempting offensive lineup currently, such offensive lineups can be easily deactivated by some simple German tactics as we saw in the last CL final game.

Last edited:

Laplacian

I wouldn't say PSG was dismantled during the final lol, their forwards basically choked (especially Mbappe) when it mattered. It was a pretty balanced match. And I agree, if Messi wanted to try something different he should have left in 2016 or something. He's barely quick enough for La Liga, imagine trying to kick it up in the premier league lmao.

eaman

I wouldn't say PSG was dismantled during the final lol, their forwards basically choked (especially Mbappe) when it mattered. It was a pretty balanced match. And I agree, if Messi wanted to try something different he should have left in 2016 or something. He's barely quick enough for La Liga, imagine trying to kick it up in the premier league lmao.

Unless you can find some stats that show that premier league defenders are quicker i think you are wrong. Premier league being quicker and more intense is a myth. Anyway the way city play other teams can't get near them most of the time

Laplacian

Unless you can find some stats that show that premier league defenders are quicker i think you are wrong. Premier league being quicker and more intense is a myth. Anyway the way city play other teams can't get near them most of the time

It's not about players being physically quicker, it's about the style of football; English teams rely more on the "kick and run" approach far more than Spanish teams do, which gives the perception of games being quicker than other leagues. I don't know why this is such a hard thing to swallow in this forum, literally every major transfer from say Germany, France, Italy or Spain mentions this in interviews. Fabinho, Gundogan, Pogba, Pulisic and most recently Havertz and Werner have all said pretty much the same thing. It doesn't mean the Premier League is better (in case you're being defensive), it just means they rely a lot more on physicality.

malvolio

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">What Messi offers when he doesn’t score vs what Ronaldo offers when he doesn’t score. That’s the difference between the two &#55357;&#56397;&#55356;&#57339; <a href="https://t.co/3xMBRcSasC">pic.twitter.com/3xMBRcSasC</a></p>— #LennonOUT #WengerIN (@KieranCFC88) <a href="https://twitter.com/KieranCFC88/status/1357095132022136834?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 3, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

raskolnikov

Goals catch headlines in a clickbait world. Ronaldo has proven that time and time again.
Guys like Iniesta will get underrated by time compared to a Kroos or Ramos for example.

Stat loving and clickbait headlines make some players greater than those we play great.
Always think about Messi vs City in cl. Didnt get an assist in or goal but it was one of his best matches ever.

Afterwards headlines only talked about him missimg the penalty. Totally underrating a goat performance like that.

Morten

Goals catch headlines in a clickbait world. Ronaldo has proven that time and time again.
Guys like Iniesta will get underrated by time compared to a Kroos or Ramos for example.

Stat loving and clickbait headlines make some players greater than those we play great.
Always think about Messi vs City in cl. Didnt get an assist in or goal but it was one of his best matches ever.

Afterwards headlines only talked about him missimg the penalty. Totally underrating a goat performance like that.

Wtf are you even talking about right now?

Laplacian

The self-victimhood in this forum. If there's any player that receives the "MORE THAN JUST STATS" treatment, it's Messi. People are always, not just here but everywhere, constantly rambling about how Messi's stats doesn't show the whole picture. Everyone argues this point yet some users here (and on barca reddit) act like Messi is constantly misunderstood and underrated. It's like jesus Christ, you're a fanbase belonging to one of the most elite clubs from the past 15 years, stop acting like you're a bunch of victims...

eaman

It's not about players being physically quicker, it's about the style of football; English teams rely more on the "kick and run" approach far more than Spanish teams do, which gives the perception of games being quicker than other leagues. I don't know why this is such a hard thing to swallow in this forum, literally every major transfer from say Germany, France, Italy or Spain mentions this in interviews. Fabinho, Gundogan, Pogba, Pulisic and most recently Havertz and Werner have all said pretty much the same thing. It doesn't mean the Premier League is better (in case you're being defensive), it just means they rely a lot more on physicality.

Well most reams in england now play a Spanish type game. Only a few rely on getting from back to front as fast as possible. Anyway that wouldn't effect messi playing withthat city team. As I said teams can't get near them

Vilarrubi

Wow. Inches away from 95 more goals just in La Liga.....

Ete8xUyXMAATPVB

Home of Barca Fans