Lionel Messi - v7

malvolio

If he wants to improve his legacy and have alot more fans around the world notice his efforts every week he will go to city.

I think you're mistaking him for Cristiano Ronaldo. Don't think Messi is about that.

Also, the challenge for him at both City and PSG, would be to win the CL with those clubs. League In England or France is a non factor for him.

Wouldn't be surprised to see media companies back begging to buy the French league TV rights after Messi signs

SmilerBam

I think he s gone to PSG in the summer.Makes sense:paris is Paris, you can t compare it with a shithole like Manchester.Footballing wise, he ll have it easier there too, Messi at 34 years old will not want to break his bones in the Premier League.Just watch Penaldo in Italy, in that shit league he s prolonging his stats.France it s even shitter as a league, so clearly his stats will be on the up.Also playing with Neymar will entice him.From my point of view, both options(City and Psg) are horrific clubs.Two teams with no history,plastic tillthe bones.More so for City, but Psg is disgusting too in this moment.Arab money really ruins everything in football!

JamDav1982

I think you're mistaking him for Cristiano Ronaldo. Don't think Messi is about that.

Also, the challenge for him at both City and PSG, would be to win the CL with those clubs. League In England or France is a non factor for him.

Wouldn't be surprised to see media companies back begging to buy the French league TV rights after Messi signs

Maybe part of why waiting. If either of those two win CL this season may not like look of moving to current CL winners to chase the trophy.

Likes of Ronaldo/Messi will get scolded for that and even worse if then dont win it with them. Much more history to win it for first time for either club.

Hardy

it's not the same, if messi goes to City and he perform great he would instantly shut down a certain narrative, especially doing that at this stage of his career, even if he doesn't win the CL. with PSG the only way people would look this move successful is winning the CL, if he wins the Ligue 1 and he scores 30 goals ( I bet it's not gonna happen with Mbapp? and Neymar by the way) no one would give a fuck let's be real.

Messigician

Lionel Messi is tired of the speculation about his future. He's tired of reports linking him to PSG, and wants to make sure he has nothing to do with them. The Argentine's plan is to wait at least until the elections and speak to the new President. [sport]

My GOAT

JamDav1982

it's not the same, if messi goes to City and he perform great he would instantly shut down a certain narrative, especially doing that at this stage of his career, even if he doesn't win the CL. with PSG the only way people would look this move successful is winning the CL, if he wins the Ligue 1 and he scores 30 goals ( I bet it's not gonna happen with Mbapp? and Neymar by the way) no one would give a fuck let's be real.

Flip side of that is he will be fine and win in France regardless but if below level expected at City will be used against him even if 34.

Joan

If Messi cares about legacy, pretty risky moving to City. It's the most popular league in the world. Will take some time to restore if he underperforms.

Psg is risk free.

Richard.H

I think English media is a lot more ruthless and will be very unforgiving if he doesn't perform. Also what Jamdav said above^^^

JamDav1982

Messi if moves to Paris he should agree salary... then spring on them that he agrees to sign only if the Mbappe money goes to Barca or at least a 100m sweetner.

Gets his move, Barca helped financially and the world is a better place.

eaman

I'm sure he does care about legacy and being the greatest ever. If he doesn't win a world Cup the only other way is to perform and win in the Premier league.

serghei

If Messi cares about legacy, pretty risky moving to City. It's the most popular league in the world. Will take some time to restore if he underperforms.

Psg is risk free.

Yea, but PSG is the easy path. Not sure exactly how does it improve his legacy. Did jack shit for Neymar and Neymar was in his prime.

JamDav1982

Yea, but PSG is the easy path. Not sure exactly how does it improve his legacy. Did jack shit for Neymar and Neymar was in his prime.

PSG wont damage legacy and enhance it if won CL.

Man City bigger upside if won CL and performed in league but bigger risk if doesnt do as well as expected.

If the thiking is legacy and not challenge etc.

Joan

Pl would be a nice addition, but might be too pricey if he fails. Also, it's not clear he's got better chances to win the Cl with City. It's debatebale at the very least.

In my opinion, staying at Barca best for his legacy and risk free. One club goat will be looked upon with sympathies in the future.

If he still thinking about challenges at 34, fair play to him.

Would like to see him at Juve :coffee:

Home of Barca Fans