Lionel Messi - v7

gregorrin10

If we plan on renewing him (hopefully he'll accept a pay cut in that case, I think he'll have to considering the financial mess we're in) I really think this could/should be the way to go forward. Make him our great super sub (especially in against outside top 4 clubs) while still starting big games. When he starts, also sub him off the second we get a 2 goal lead.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Kryptonite for Betis.
I hope Messi can stay in a good form during the next weeks and show clinical finishing. We need goals personally from him, especially with a weakened defense.

serghei

Kryptonite for Betis.
I hope Messi can stay in a good form during the next weeks and show clinical finishing. We need goals personally from him, especially with a weakened defense.

Let's hope somehow PSG is going to play defensive, which would be a major mistake on their part.

Laplacian

Oh man, when Messi leaves some of you lot are going to persistently come back to this forum whenever we lose just to rub it in our faces. I can tell some of you genuinely enjoy watching Barca lose just so you can prove a point about Messi.

serghei

I called him GWOAT personally. Greatest Washed-up Of All Time. :coffee: It was actually a compliment. Other washed-up players are terrible.

ItachiXXX

reality:
Messi proves to be the only way for Barcelona to try to be competitive, also thanks to Ter Stegen. In a league where Suarez is the decisive player.

Barcaforum narrative:
Messi is the reason why barcelona plays badly,
Ter Stegen a clown,
Suarez a monkey, a former player.

True Story.

sickstar

If we plan on renewing him (hopefully he'll accept a pay cut in that case, I think he'll have to considering the financial mess we're in) I really think this could/should be the way to go forward. Make him our great super sub (especially in against outside top 4 clubs) while still starting big games. When he starts, also sub him off the second we get a 2 goal lead.

Nah the best still is to let him go.
Barca still need him but we are such a mess right now.
We should learn to live without heam, even if we have to fight for ucl finish.
Let's be real, we could go down from title fight candidate but not that drastic, down to the gutter drop. Top 4 or 3 should be realistic target for next season, while hoping players like pedri, trincao, griezmann and dembele got better. We already have de jong as a solid leader in the middle. Still lacking depth, though.

khaled_a_d

Players like him won't be able to stay in rhythm that way, but he should be more rested than ever

fergus90

When Sterling scored for City yesterday, it was his 100th goal under Guardiola. A stat came up saying Messi scored 211 goals under Pep. It took me a few moments to remember that's just over 4 seasons. Just absolutely ridiculous levels.

Home of Barca Fans