Lionel Messi - v7

pregra

Even prime Messi couldnt save this ship. Heck put both prime Messi and prime Maradona on this team and they still wouldnt have had a chance tonight

malvolio

Renewing him isn't bad if we slash his wages massively and don't give him a signoling on bonus. If he doesn't accept that then we should part ways for sure.

it's more a case of getting 4-5 good players right now. and we dont have the money for such a big push. so it doesn't matter if we keep him or not.

xxxxxx

I'm ignorant on matters of Messi's contract. I thought he was on around 2m per week. We just survived a FFP CL ban on appeal to the European authorities. How would we make this work financially without getting banned again?

Oh ok. I didn't know his contract was up in the summer. Sorry

City's salary outtake isn't that bad compared to the other big clubs. Your biggest earner is De Bruyne... and he's only 350k a week, and then it's Sterling. The rest of the team is on like 250k or less. I think you pay around 125m a year for your whole squad. As I said, it isn't that bad. You can easily afford to give Messi a decent salary and it won't kill you in regards to the FFP. Besides, you can sell Mahrez to free up some of the salary, and you can easily get around 40m for him. And as I just said, Messi won't be getting anywhere close to the salary he had with us. He'll more than likely only get 50% of it.

You're in a much better position than PSG to get Messi; PSG just lost 200m due to COVID, and they also lost a lot of money due to their TV deal. They can't afford to have all of Messi, Mbappe and Neymar in their team, especially with potential new contracts from Mbappe and Neymar. If anything, PSG probably has to release or sell players just balance the books in the summer.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
it's more a case of getting 4-5 good players right now. and we dont have the money for such a big push. so it doesn't matter if we keep him or not.

Don't know man I'd rather keep him even in a more limited role as you know you could probably bring him on to do something. Totally agree if the team isn't fixed his influence is limited.
Don't think we are as far as some people think you know my stance on busi Pjanic coutinho lenglet umititi etc they need to go before we even think about brining in the right players.

Richard.H

Where is Catalinutz with his cringy "lets hope Messi the GOAt scores a hattrick tonight" and all of his disciples saying "lets hope" :lol: lol: :lol:

xxxxxx

No other club can afford him and therefore he will stay.

But we can't afford to keep him. We're close to bankruptcy.

The only way Messi stays if he takes a 70% to 80% salary reduction and agrees to lower his bonus fees. Also, he'll have to give up his signing-on fee. Oh, and we'd probably have to either sell/loan out Coutinho, Pjanic... and other players just to make it work because of our massive debt.

Do you honestly expect Messi to agree to all of that.... whilst potentially winning nothing next season?

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Where is Catalinutz with his cringy "lets hope Messi the GOAt scores a hattrick tonight" and all of his disciples saying "lets hope" :lol: lol: :lol:

that little fan club is one of the cringiest things about this forum. Devils is at least taking the piss with his decade of dominance act, these guys are serious..

Home of Barca Fans