Lionel Messi - v7

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I think it is a power play, but not a bluff.
The club is in horrible situation, due to the last board mistakes, covid and health authorities in Catalonia, high earners and Liga regulations.
All of this are well known to everyone.
In business, no one is gonna be merciful to you in such condition, everyone wants to take advantage of the situation.

So here we have it, not a single player not named Pique agreed on significant pay cut under Laporta, no player accepted to leave peacefully when he was told to.
You have agents taking advantage on us (Moriba) and clubs telling us to pay them to take the players, like Atletico basically wanting us to pay most of the difference in wage between Saul and Griezmann. Everyone thinks he can throw us a bone and we will take it gladly because we are desperate.
Now we are seeing La Liga doing this, agree the deal we gave you, or no Messi. A deal that the club firmly refuse and thinks it is illegal. A deal that will hunt the future boards, odds are Laporta won't be alive at the end of the deal (maybe not even midway in it) but he was never "I don't give a damn about what happens after" type of president. He doesn't go YOLO.

It has been always the story this summer : ACCEPT OUR TERMS OR THERE IS NO MESSI.

Laporta simply refused that, he won't be forced to risk the club future for Messi. It is basically I accept losing Messi than being under others own terms.

That is a power play.

He fully acknowledge that we will lose Messi, I think he accepts that. But it is a situation where you can only win if you are willing to walk away, not granted to win, but if you don't you are granted a loss.

If La Liga accepts it under pressure, Laporta will be happy, but I believe they will now act with the assumption that this is over, Liga taking a step back will be just a good surprise.

Doubt Tebas will allow us exception atm, he is now in full war against his top clubs. Barca, RM, Athletic and Valencia are mad about him (CVC/Cap) along the likes of Levante and Getafe. He is going to election next year and might not even need a single Liga club to win with 2nd division clubs alone being majority.
He is a stubborn man.

Power play is something you do to gain an upper hand in a tussle, unless Laporta and the club did that to expect Tebas to back down and concede, I wouldn't call that a power play.

What you described above is essentially the reason why we couldn't renew Messi, basically Laporta reached the conclusion that doing so would subject the club to La Liga's demands and terms and that's why he said no. I can't say that I disagree.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
⚠�� Breaking : Messi's contract renewal have broken down and took a radical turn. He is more out of Barca than ever. Renewal almost impossible.

Via : Marca

There has been a complete turnaround in the Messi situation. It is almost impossible he stays at Bar?a. The club won't be able to afford it because they don't want to accept La Liga's proposal with the CVC, as it would make the Super League impossible in the future.

? [MENTION=8305]Marc[/MENTION]a

LaLiga trying to put a stranglehold Over Barca to back the CVC deal. Bar?a have to choose between Messi and ESL now. Because if the CVC deal go through, ESL is done and dusted for. It's over.

If true fuck laporta

This is 12 hours late news

SG-7

Wht the actual fuck. Choosing Super League over Messi. Considering Super league may never happen that's a huge gamble if true.

Jadentheman

⚠�� Breaking : Messi's contract renewal have broken down and took a radical turn. He is more out of Barca than ever. Renewal almost impossible.

Via : Marca

There has been a complete turnaround in the Messi situation. It is almost impossible he stays at Bar?a. The club won't be able to afford it because they don't want to accept La Liga's proposal with the CVC, as it would make the Super League impossible in the future.

? [MENTION=8305]Marc[/MENTION]a

LaLiga trying to put a stranglehold Over Barca to back the CVC deal. Bar?a have to choose between Messi and ESL now. Because if the CVC deal go through, ESL is done and dusted for. It's over.

If true fuck laporta

Don't blame Laporta his hands are tied. This is the result of years of Rosell and Barto. COVID just took away the facade. There COVID or no COVID, the club was always financially one misstep from disaster. Laporta is trying to save the club right now. Barca is bigger than Messi. And although they wanted both they knew it could have been impossible and hard decisions needed to be made.

Rassvet

Messi will fly to Paris tomorrow to sign the contract with PSG. He will wear #22 and let Neymar keep #10. (Diego Canepa)

Jadentheman

Messi will fly to Paris tomorrow to sign the contract with PSG. He will wear #22 and let Neymar keep #10. (Diego Canepa)

It's very embarassing to lose your two best players in a span of five years to Qatar FC :lol: They get the last laugh. Payback for meddling with Thiago Silva, Marquinhos and Neymar transfers I guess.

SG-7

"Despite FC Barcelona and Lionel Messi having reached an agreement and the clear intention of both parties to sign a new contract today, this cannot happen because of Spanish LaLiga regulations on player registration. - Thats on the Official website.

This literally makes no sense. Can someone explain this to me haha

How can you have reached an agreement beforehand knowing all the salary cap issues?
Reaching an agreement would mean they have worked all this out and it literally states all he had to do was sign lol..

What did La Liga impose new shit overnight?

Attachments

• 222.jpg
    222.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 3

F1_STK

carles5puyol on instagram:
Muchas gracias por todo #leo, nunca te podremos agradecer todo lo que nos has dado, te deseo lo mejor. #viscaelbar?a��❤️

raskolnikov

Can somebody explain this part to me.
We cant register players therefore cant sign Messi even if it were for free.
Does that mean we can still register Depay, Aguero or Garcia?
Or are they also unable to play?

Home of Barca Fans