Lionel Messi - v7

gulaman

Well Bartomeo not remembered to sell Messi. LIKE WHO THE HELL CARES WHO SOLD MESSI

He also fcked Messi again because the only Option for Messi is PSG and PSG will dictate his Salary. He cant make Salary demands when the only club interested is PSG
If Messi is flexible with his salary demands, many clubs would want him. Chelsea or Man United from England can afford him, maybe Bayern, Juve, or Liverpool if Messi goes low enough in wage demands. Messi won't be short of options if he really wants to continue his career at the top.

Porque

The only thing that bothers me about Laporta is he was not completely telling the truth about the whole Messi situation. Yes, I do believe that Messi agreed to stay, but I don't believe that it was progressing as he said it did. He knew more than he let on. I would have respected him more if he told us the truth.

Regardless, this isn't Laporta's fault. It all comes down to Bartomeu. He gave out terrible contracts and overspent on players.

Agreed. But Laporta has to protect the image of the club and push as long as he can to get the agreements.

In the end the difference is this (while not ignoring Bartomeu abysmal financial management).

-FFP for PSG relaxed to the extreme through Uefa.

-FFP for Barcelona tightened to the extremes through LaLiga.

I don't have a huge problem with Messi leaving however as I feel it will make us look for solutions and change quicker- which is what we need.

The biggest problem is the stranglehold of LaLiga salary cap putting a stranglehold on Barcelona which has huge financial potential post Covid. We're not talking about Deportivo up in Coruna where their is little income streams and global fanbase. This is Barcelona, who has the highest club tourism income and visits in the whole of mainland Europe.

Effectively LaLiga have imposed a financial system which means Barcelona cannot even efficiently sell players- because all bargaining power has been removed.

Case in point- Atletico with Griezmann.

LaLiga showed realise that relaxing the ffp will also help Barcelona escape the financial issues aswell.

But I guess Laporta has already expressed this and Tebas is ignoring.

Last edited:

Hardy

tier 0 for PSG Mohamed Bouhafsi

Lionel #Messi has chosen to join #PSG - 2 years + 1 on option for the contract - the club is looking to wrap up the signing over the weekend, and is set to meet with Jorge Messi in the next few hours.

KingLeo10

Why? Nothing special gonna happen. They've matured. Will work well together as professional athletes.

No, I was more referring to how they have the potential to win a lot together. Messi is otherworldly talent but not the best leader. Ramos gives him that security blanket.

Home of Barca Fans