Lionel Messi - v7

xxxxxx

If PSG does not win the Champions League, I'll laugh my head off. Actually, Neymar will probably be injured for half the season. Mbappe and Messi will probably bump heads due to their egos. Ramos will probably get sent off 10 times next season. Actually, this could be a fun watch.

A disgusting club that bends the rules because they have an owner that FFP doesn't exist. Messi probably doesn't even rate PSG, he's probably only going there because of his amigos.

Leong157

If PSG does not win the Champions League, I'll laugh my head off. Actually, Neymar will probably be injured for half the season. Mbappe and Messi will probably bump heads due to their egos. Ramos will probably get sent off 10 times next season. Actually, this could be a fun watch.

A disgusting club that bends the rules because they have an owner that FFP doesn't exist. Messi probably doesn't even rate PSG, he's probably only going there because of his amigos.

No other clubs interested in him. The timing is awkward. For the clubs, It's too late for a big name like Messi. They all have main targets they are pursuing.

Hardy

Messi can always comeback here in 2 years, after all he was ready to sign a 5 years contract. doubt he'll retire in that shit stadium

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
He can certainly return in the sense of serving as a club ambassador once he hangs up his boots for good, maybe 4-5 years later? A statue should be erected as well.

hardyboy

We lost 500million euros last year. Our salary cap is less than 130mil euros. Dude, we're bankrupt. There's no way in hell we can have Messi on our team.

Why did he gave us false hope and use Messi as a pawn in the election campaigns? The dickhead has played with everyone including Messi. I won't be able to forgive him if Messi leaves like this.

ajnotkeith

It can only get worse. Let's hope that Laporta manages to register the new signings in time, not only will we look like a joke with a pack of lawsuits on our hands, but will become a joke team with no pull after this saga and will also go into next season with Braithwaite as our 9

CuleInAsia

Barca's finances were dicey even pre-covid. I'd blame Bartomeu entirely for this mess.

I do believe Laporta had confidence that the La Liga would fold and make an exception. Quite a lot of La Liga TV rights revenue comes because of having stars of the caliber of Messi and Ronaldo in the league. He was probably misled on this , but the financial shitshow that led to this position is entirely due to Bartomeu.

Jadentheman

No other clubs interested in him. The timing is awkward. For the clubs, It's too late for a big name like Messi. They all have main targets they are pursuing.

Chelsea. Messi loves Chelsea and it?s in the EPL. Only issue is that they are currently not an attacking team though Tuchel might switch knowing Messi being an extreme ace card in that scenario.

Jakabor

Why did he gave us false hope and use Messi as a pawn in the election campaigns? The dickhead has played with everyone including Messi. I won't be able to forgive him if Messi leaves like this.

Man, can you shut the fuck up? This is not Laportas fault. He did what he could. He tried like he promised, but it turned out it was not possible.

Bartomeu is the one at fault for multiple reasons:

- Giving absurd contracts to players whose level does not merit that (i.e. Roberto, Griezmann)
- Buying the wrong players (i.e. Coutinho, Griezmann the biggest one) with fees way above what Barca should pay.
- Rejecting that big offer to let Messi go last summer to not have ?letting Messi go? on his name - even though economically that would have been the right decision.

That is not even mentioning all his scandals.

People like yourself blaming Laporta should direct their blame to Bartomeu and his board.

You are the dickhead!

Sailor Mars

Barto and his board still paying for bots to smear Laporte for losing Messi, when it was Barto's mismanagement that caused this in the first place.

Jadentheman

Blame Bartomeu. His transfer were big money. He barely even sold players and when he did either let them go for free or for cheap. This is what happens when you buy overpriced players while acting as a charity for other teams. Selling Suarez for 6M is ridiculous especially considering they bought Griezmann prior for 120M! Atletico was laughing out the door for such a bargain of good business from Barca

xxxxxx

The only thing that bothers me about Laporta is he was not completely telling the truth about the whole Messi situation. Yes, I do believe that Messi agreed to stay, but I don't believe that it was progressing as he said it did. He knew more than he let on. I would have respected him more if he told us the truth.

Regardless, this isn't Laporta's fault. It all comes down to Bartomeu. He gave out terrible contracts and overspent on players.

Home of Barca Fans