Lionel Messi - v7

Newcomer

He has an agent who is doing this agreement man :lol:

His agent can't agree if the player doesn't want to. What i'm saying is, for someone being in shock, he would be somewhat indecisive. He could wait a bit, wage his options. But no, it didn't take long and before that, he was in company of several PSG players and their WAGs during his vacations. We aren't so naive to think they didn't talk about a potential transfer to PSG while during the whole season they were doing public interviews about wanting him in Paris.

I'm not buying this narrative.

khaled_a_d

His agent can't agree if the player doesn't want to. What i'm saying is, for someone being in shock, he would be somewhat indecisive.

That agent is his father, and can agree the best deal for his son and convince him to take it.
Doesn't mean he isn't in shock.

And what narrative? That he is disappointed that the club he stayed in for 20 years is telling him he isn't be re-signed? Yeah he must be dancing from happiness

Richard.H

Ideally he is in very good company at PSG. Bunch of Argentine lads, Neymar, coach is Argentine, so a lot is going for him. I don?t take messi for a guy to go to a completely new environment. It?s the most logical move after Barca. Heck his family can still stay in Barca if they love the city that much since it?s a very short plane ride (let?s be serious, Paris is a much better city).

Newcomer

That agent is his father, and can agree the best deal for his son and convince him to take it.
Doesn't mean he isn't in shock.

And what narrative? That he is disappointed that the club he stayed in for 20 years is telling him he isn't be re-signed? Yeah he must be dancing from happiness

The narrative that he is in shock. The guy must be just fine.

He could reduce his wage demands if he so wanted to stay but we all know he likes his money.

khaled_a_d

He could reduce his wage demands if he so wanted to stay but we all know he likes his money.

It is already said that if the salary wasn't convincing to Liga (massive reduction), they will count the average of last year salary and the agreed salary, basically screw us again.
It actually happened before, so even if he did that he would not have been registered without Liga approval.

Givenchy

His agent can't agree if the player doesn't want to. What i'm saying is, for someone being in shock, he would be somewhat indecisive. He could wait a bit, wage his options. But no, it didn't take long and before that, he was in company of several PSG players and their WAGs during his vacations. We aren't so naive to think they didn't talk about a potential transfer to PSG while during the whole season they were doing public interviews about wanting him in Paris.

I'm not buying this narrative.

I agree

I don't think Messi wanted to leave (as in, he'd try to force an exit like last summer) but to think he and his father weren't fully aware of the situation? Would be next level amateur. City prolly enquired but there was a deal on the table from PSG should Barca be unable to shift players to register him.

This divorce could get ugly between Messi's camp, Laporta and Tebas. I think there is still much to come to light regarding this shit show

Also, PSG didn't 'steal' Messi as they did with Neymar. WE, Barca, fucked ourselves over and we have nobody to blame but ourselves. We blew money beyond our means and we just lost our greatest ever player due to being unable to fucking register him..

We all know who's fault it is but it's fair to say had we not blown that money and wages on Griezmann, Messi would still be a Barca player

Richard.H

Also just how stupid is the PSG lineup now? This is worse than early 2000’s galacticos. Messi, Mbappe, Neymar, Ramos, Di Maria, verratti, dollarumma… at this point it’s just a spectacle for all football fans to watch them

Newcomer

[MENTION=15570]Newcomer[/MENTION] what's your staff wages looking like with Messi joining ?

Seeing his player wage is like 40 millions as we are told, i guess his part time job as catering staff is approximatively 60 millions. A brilliant feat directly piloted by Al Thani family. Only them could work a contract like that. With that, i think PSG has one of the lowest player wage bill in Europe even though our very talented staff wages top even entire Bar?a staff + players wage bill.

vegitot

Also just how stupid is the PSG lineup now? This is worse than early 2000?s galacticos. Messi, Mbappe, Neymar, Ramos, Di Maria, verratti, dollarumma? at this point it?s just a spectacle for all football fans to watch them

You mean PSG squad with Messi are weaker than early 2000s Real Madrid??? Real lacked of balance since Makelele left and that damaged them.

Richard.H

You mean PSG squad with Messi are weaker than early 2000s Real Madrid??? Real lacked of balance since Makelele left and that damaged them.

No I mean the grandiose spectacle surrounding them. That RM lineup were treated like rockstars in the sport. It’s going to be the same with this PSG team.

Newcomer

Also just how stupid is the PSG lineup now? This is worse than early 2000?s galacticos. Messi, Mbappe, Neymar, Ramos, Di Maria, verratti, dollarumma? at this point it?s just a spectacle for all football fans to watch them

Amazon strucked gold to be honest. Mediapro fucked up Ligue 1 TV deal and Amazon got a cheap price. They must be very happy about this Messi development. They got a bargain.

vegitot

No I mean the grandiose spectacle surrounding them. That RM lineup were treated like rockstars in the sport. It?s going to be the same with this PSG team.

Make sense. But i think PSG with Messi can accomplish similiar thing to Galacticos 1.0. Maybe even can win the treble.

Newcomer

No I mean the grandiose spectacle surrounding them. That RM lineup were treated like rockstars in the sport. It?s going to be the same with this PSG team.

And this PSG will not have much success like RM galacticos. Good if it can further raise the brand and help Ligue 1 appeal overall. The squad is to imbalanced to win CL. It will be fun to watch though.

FC433

The announcement of Messi to PSG will be made after the tributes of Bar?a to Messi. Messi wants to wait for a period of mourning out of respect to Bar?a as per [MENTION=10693]marcelo[/MENTION]bechler: https://twitter.com/sujoy_pritam/status/1423821666002432006?s=20

It could be as simple as it has been discussed publicly, but I personally refuse to believe that story. If Messi's future was not decided months ago, then had to be at least a few weeks ago. I am sad, mostly, but also a little bit excited to see how we are going to look without Messi.

Home of Barca Fans