Lionel Messi - v7

JohnN

Man, I wouldn't say I will be "excited" to see what we will look like without Messi. I am pretty certain that it will take us some time to look ok again. But everyone that made this team special in the golden days is now gone or too old. There is nothing otherworldly left in the squad. It's just too mediocre. Hope is for the kids to bring us some joy n, because Griezmann, Coutinho and Dembmele can only bring PAIN.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I'm still dealing with him not being here... I would be okay if it was him retiring and on his own terms, that would be a celebration! But this whole situation is just fucked up, yet another defeat for this club, and to add insult to injury he probably will be be wearing a PSG jersey, ugh...

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I wish Messi success internationally with Argentina but in Europe, I couldn't be more indifferent. If PSG plays against Madrid and Bayern and maybe Liverpool, yes, I think I will want him to help them win. Otherwise, I don't really care.

Will always be grateful to his service here though.

MTL_Barca

Also just how stupid is the PSG lineup now? This is worse than early 2000?s galacticos. Messi, Mbappe, Neymar, Ramos, Di Maria, verratti, dollarumma? at this point it?s just a spectacle for all football fans to watch them

Will be hilarious if they don't win the CL though, galactico squad to re-take the farmers title :coffee:

Messigician

Victor Font (former presidential candidate): "We all know that the payroll bill should have been reduced to 200 million because of the economic situation, what should have been done was a firm plan with solutions and not waste time."

Font: "They criticized us earlier because we said the club's situation was very bad, they said we were disastrous, while we had a series of strict measures that would have been implemented immediately."

hardyboy

Victor Font (former presidential candidate): "We all know that the payroll bill should have been reduced to 200 million because of the economic situation, what should have been done was a firm plan with solutions and not waste time."

Font: "They criticized us earlier because we said the club's situation was very bad, they said we were disastrous, while we had a series of strict measures that would have been implemented immediately."

He had better plans but people fell for the nostalgia merchant with no plans. Even Messi voted for that fraud. He must be in disbelief seeing all this.

Last edited:

Messigician

Apparently in yesterday's meeting, and when Messi had agreed to lower his salary to 30 net, they told him that it was not enough and that he would have to lower it more, so the offer ended up being 20 net.
The journalist says that Jorge Messi got angry with one of the executives, since he felt cheated. In another tweet they say that Messi's father told Laporta "you used my son to win the elections"

malvolio

Apparently in yesterday's meeting, and when Messi had agreed to lower his salary to 30 net, they told him that it was not enough and that he would have to lower it more, so the offer ended up being 20 net.
The journalist says that Jorge Messi got angry with one of the executives, since he felt cheated. In another tweet they say that Messi's father told Laporta "you used my son to win the elections"

So basically he was offered less than Griezmann or similar?

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Imagine if someone told you a year ago that Messi will at some point be hugging his teammate Sergio Ramos after scoring a goal. :puke:

Leong157

So basically he was offered less than Griezmann or similar?

It may not due to the amount that cause him to get angry.

It may be due to the fact that the contract agreed got countered again and again.

Imagine you have a product with standard price of 100.

Customer asked for 50, you say yes. They said this should be ok and go back talked to their boss. Come back saying no, please get lower to 30. You say yes again. blah blah, come back saying no, their boss not agree. Please sell for 20.

I would be pissed too.

Home of Barca Fans