Lionel Messi - v7

serghei

Yeah, i'm a bit puzzled about this aswell.

Imagine Messi had massively declined but Bar?a still wanted to keep him due to his legacy, would La Liga be allowed to tell Bar?a they can't sign Messi for such a low salary ?

I don't quite understand how that works.

They could if they take this risk, but would be overturned later by some court for sure. This would open them for a huge amount of compensations if we lose Messi in an abusive way due to them refusing his registration. We could potenially ruin LFP as a result.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

The issue La Liga would have with a low salary is if it was structured in way that it was to pay him more further down line and push issue on.

That seems to be what was rejected.

Wouldnt apply to Aguero.

Rory

I can’t accept there is absolutely no contract that can be drawn up allowing Messi to stay. Does make me question whether his father and by extension he was asking for too much.

There’s no doubt commercially and sporting wise Messi brings in over 100m, with figures from analyses saying triple that. Why can’t a 1 year extension on 5m be signed with an optional 2 years paid at a higher rate etc. I’m sure they’ve foreseen all of these options so my question to anyone who actually knows about this. Is it possible to do a player contract like that?

JamDav1982

I can’t accept there is absolutely no contract that can be drawn up allowing Messi to stay. Does make me question whether his father and by extension he was asking for too much.

There’s no doubt commercially and sporting wise Messi brings in over 100m, with figures from analyses saying triple that. Why can’t a 1 year extension on 5m be signed with an optional 2 years paid at a higher rate etc. I’m sure they’ve foreseen all of these options so my question to anyone who actually knows about this. Is it possible to do a player contract like that?

Messi cant earn 300m for the club. Laporta and others were speaking shite to try and be in his corner for the huge salary he was being attacked for getting.

If Messi earns that for club then renew him and pay off all the bad salaries. Use the loan to do it if needs be.

serghei

https://www.marca.com/en/football/barcelona/2021/08/07/610e658622601de73c8b4657.html

So after he agreed to 40% salary reduction they asked him to agree on 70%!? What a bunch of idiots. Why the fuck would he accept to earn less than Griezmann? This club is led by a complete and utter idiots. I am actually glad he showed them a middle finger.

Because he is a club legend of the highest order and took 300m net in 4 years before from Barca, contributing to the crisis basically?

Griezmann is a footnote for Barca overall. Seydou Keita means more than him.

Raketa10

Because he is a club legend of the highest order and took 300m net in 4 years before from Barca, contributing to the crisis basically?

Griezmann is a footnote for Barca overall. Seydou Keita means more than him.

So? He is the the main reason Barca won numerous trophies during the last 15 years. He is also the main reason our revenues wen't sky high before Covid pandemic. Furthermore, he will probably win another Balon d'Or this season making him again the best player in the world at age 34. According to you he should earn less so Coutinho, Dembele, Grezmann, Alba and Roberto can earn more? Give me a break! He has every right to say "fuck off" to us. If all players agreed to take 70% pay cut than your argument would make sense. As far as I know Alba, Griezmann, Coutinho, Roberto and Busi didn't agree to a pay cut at all.

Last edited:

xxxxxx

Rumours we are getting on our side is his lawyer is already in Nice and that his father will arrive there in few hours to complete the deal with a presentation on tuesday.

That came from the same source that said Jorge was in Paris last night to wrap things up. It's now been moved to today? Pretty convenient that it's changing after new reports have come that he still hasn't made his mind and he still has other offers on board.

You have to stop believing everything you read. Most of these so-called journalists have been completely wrong in regards to Messi. They were all convinced he was staying in Barcelona.... now he's leaving. He was apparently a PSG player last night.... now there are reports coming out that he still hasn't made his mind up and he's still devastated. I actually believe the rumours that he still hasn't made up his mind. You have to see it from Messi's side. He was probably convinced and excited by the prospect of signing his new contract, but he got told a few hours before he couldn't sign it. He then is heartbroken. You can't go from nearly signing your new contract with Barcelona, then being completely heartbroken a few hours..... to have a deal done with PSG 24 hours later. He wouldn't make his mind up that quickly, especially without speaking to his family about it first. It takes time to do big deals like this.

That said, he still may sign for PSG. But I honestly don't think it's even close to being done. I think he'll take some time to think about the offers he has and take it from there.

Home of Barca Fans