Lionel Messi - v7

serghei

Lol, retirement doesn't pay tens of millions a year. He's probably gonna be the first billionaire footballer.

Why retire when he can play at Barca for something like 3m a year?

The only reason why this is an issue is because he wants his 40m+ a year. It's purely greed. And greedy people don't retire when they can earn a lot of money.

Last edited:

serghei

Think about it. He took 300m net since 2017 from that leaked pharaonic contract. That's 4 seasons ago. Even if he plays for free this year, he still got from Barca 60m net a year for 5 years. That's more than PSG is giving him now (rumored) by some 25%.

I know people don't like it, but.. it is what it is, he's leaving the club out of greed.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It's already been well established that La Liga would not accept a contract where the value is so low. It's one of the reasons the Saul-Griezmann agreement also couldn't be completed as both clubs wanted to inflate the prices for the players which La Liga also would not accept and register. They would just use the average of the last few years as a standard.

But of course @serghei couldn't control his hater boner long enough.

mc_lovin

It's already been well established that La Liga would not accept a contract where the value is so low. It's one of the reasons the Saul-Griezmann agreement also couldn't be completed as both clubs wanted to inflate the prices for the players which La Liga also would not accept and register. They would just use the average of the last few years as a standard.

It is? That's completely new for me.

serghei

They would because such a clause would not stand in any court.

They would not have legal grounds since a club can agree with a player any salary.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
The reason we're having to let Messi go is because of mismanagement by the last board. Mostly because of three players whom they paid massive transfer fees for, and also gave massive salaries. They also took loans for one of the players which put the club in further debt.

JamDav1982

Barca and Atletico never agreed on deal for Saul and Griezmann it didnt fail due to La Liga saying no to value.

FCBfan22

COVID has just shown, how badly structured we were financially under Rosell/Barto. This would happen one way or another sooner or later. COVID just speeded up the process.

Can see why Barto abandoned ship.

serghei

Don't think La Liga has a legal ground that could stop Messi from legally getting a salary like Aguero for 1 season. On what grounds?

Newcomer

Don't think La Liga has a legal ground that could stop Messi from legally getting a salary like Aguero for 1 season. On what grounds?

Yeah, i'm a bit puzzled about this aswell.

Imagine Messi had massively declined but Bar?a still wanted to keep him due to his legacy, would La Liga be allowed to tell Bar?a they can't sign Messi for such a low salary ?

I don't quite understand how that works.

mc_lovin

Yeah, i'm a bit puzzled about this aswell.

Imagine Messi had massively declined but Bar?a still wanted to keep him due to his legacy, would La Liga be allowed to tell Bar?a they can't sign Messi for such a low salary ?

I don't quite understand how that works.

I am 99% sure it's bullshit.

Home of Barca Fans