Lionel Messi - v7

jamrock

Not really. Would have liked to see him in EPL. PSG move is largelly irrelevant outside of money involved, city of Paris and some of his amigos being there. Neither of which I care about.

I do watch EPL every week nearly so seeing him there against the best players and coaches would have been pretty great as a neutral football fan.

PSG is probably the worst possible move for a neutral fan. Stacked galactico team gets even more stacked in a poor league.

Facts I will probably see zero games involving Messi going forward, I don't follow the french league and I have no interest in seeing a stacked team like PSG in the CL.

Newcomer

How can you support that despicable club? Just asking, i wanna know how it is to support a club named Qatari Saint- Germain? Anyway, i'll make a bet...you guys will not win the CL even with Messi. That being said, it increased your chances to take the crown back from mighty Lille. Good luck, plastic boys.
P.S. Barca will be back.

How can i support that despicable club ? The same way you are able to support Bar?a. We are all fans here.

I supported PSG way before QSI came in. It is the third different owner of PSG since i am a PSG fan. First, i was a fan during Canal + ownership even before we won the C3 (and lost against you the following year causing me a lot of sadness). I have experienced PSG choke some 10 points lead in the league, choke a 3-0 lead against Deportivo de la Coruna. Then, we went almost to hell due to the cuntish american fund Colony Capital who almost destroyed the club. Thankfully, they did only one good thing for the club and it was to sell to QSI, a truly ambitious owner. Try going from Colony Capital (almost relegated us) to QSI and you'll understand how we can enjoy now.

We used to be hated and mocked during our bad period, now we get to laugh. It feels nice. Before it was just on national scale but now the hatred iw worldwide. Levels !

I have no doubt Bar?a will be back.

serghei

Facts I will probably see zero games involving Messi going forward, I don't follow the french league and I have no interest in seeing a stacked team like PSG in the CL.

I'll watch them in CL as usual when it's not a more interesting match going on.

Newcomer

That came from the same source that said Jorge was in Paris last night to wrap things up. It's now been moved to today? Pretty convenient that it's changing after new reports have come that he still hasn't made his mind and he still has other offers on board.

You have to stop believing everything you read. Most of these so-called journalists have been completely wrong in regards to Messi. They were all convinced he was staying in Barcelona.... now he's leaving. He was apparently a PSG player last night.... now there are reports coming out that he still hasn't made his mind up and he's still devastated. I actually believe the rumours that he still hasn't made up his mind. You have to see it from Messi's side. He was probably convinced and excited by the prospect of signing his new contract, but he got told a few hours before he couldn't sign it. He then is heartbroken. You can't go from nearly signing your new contract with Barcelona, then being completely heartbroken a few hours..... to have a deal done with PSG 24 hours later. He wouldn't make his mind up that quickly, especially without speaking to his family about it first. It takes time to do big deals like this.

That said, he still may sign for PSG. But I honestly don't think it's even close to being done. I think he'll take some time to think about the offers he has and take it from there.

Di Marzio is saying Papa Messi is departing going to meet PSG to discuss his fee.
https://gianlucadimarzio.com/it/messi-psg-calciomercato-news-7-agosto-2021

mc_lovin

Wasn't it basically confirmed by someone from the Quatari Royal family? Would be shocked if he's not in Paris next week.

Newcomer

I thought it's done yesterday. huh?

My take on this is it is done. I don't think the family of the Emir of Qatar will publicly announce the deal done if it was not the case. Ofc, while they did that at distance, they need to meet to close the whole thing.

Take the Neymar deal for example. He was already sure to leave Bar?a and pay his 222 millions cluase with PSG money but his clan still needed to meet PSG after leaving Bar?a to officialy complete the deal. Same thing happened with Ramos, done deal but need to be completed in Paris or Donnarumma who was a done deal during the Euros but needed to come to Paris to put the ink on the paper.

serghei

According to Di Marzio the deal is in danger after Matteo Messi requested 500 PS5s be included in his father signing on bonus, one for all his friends, and his friends' friends.

Nasser is apparently contacting Sony to make this last minute request work.

Home of Barca Fans