Lionel Messi - v7

FCMessi

He could have stayed for a lower wage. If there is a chance we can register the 4 new signings, then there was clearly some room available. Just accept that he chose the better project and higher salary at PSG.

is it possible that Messi is too embarrassed and proud to even consider a lower ball offer from Barca now?

Considering what PSG is dangling? Money worthy of his stature, contention for UCL and Balon Dor, many more Amigos

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
80% of this forum last summer: Messi should leave, he is holding us back, he is gonna decline soon anyway, etc.

Same folks now that Messi is leaving: How dare you! Traidor!

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Folks shouldn't be angry at Messi or Laporta for this outcome, both wanted him to stay; if anything people should be angry at Bartomeu and Tebas (to a much lesser degree).

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
It makes me laugh how they can be allowed to spend all this money and give out all these wages and nothing ever gets done to them.

I bet they still won't win the Champions League.

European-wide FFP is gone because of COVID while Tebas is still steadfastly clinging onto his obsession over the La Liga salary cap, without budging even when it is cripples its clubs.

serghei

80% of this forum last summer: Messi should leave, he is holding us back, he is gonna decline soon anyway, etc.

Same folks now that Messi is leaving: How dare you! Traidor!

We never believed the 'sporting project' bullshit. It was about money, amigos, power. Basically about being comfortable. Messi values comfort above all. And Barca right now is anything but.

malvolio

He could have stayed for a lower wage. If there is a chance we can register the 4 new signings, then there was clearly some room available. Just accept that he chose the better project and higher salary at PSG.

What should have been this lower wage? Laporta refuted any possibility of signing him, even if Messi would reduce his wage further.

Also, let's not forget workplace dynamics here. After all, the players are employees. So how should Messi feel when he is on same money as Griezmann? After all he's done for this club and the fact that he is still best player in the world. Should he just accept to be humiliated?

xxxxxx

Even if Messi played for free we still wouldn't be able to register him. We're that much over the salary cap.

I don't even think we're going to be able to register the 4 other signings.

malvolio

Even if Messi played for free we still wouldn't be able to register him. We're that much over the salary cap.

I don't even think we're going to be able to register the 4 other signings.

Laporta himself said that registering the 4 signings won't be a problem.

We're did this false narative, that even a free Messi is impossible, comes from?

Home of Barca Fans