Lionel Messi - v7

Raketa10

He never said "definitely" but yes, he has been pretty bullish about it the whole time before yesterday, which was very misleading, I give it to you.

We again look like clowns. Something that we got used to during the Barto era. At least I hopped this would change under Laporta. He should have been sincere and no one would blame him for this. Unfortunately he choose to go full retard in this case.

xxxxxx

Yeah, Messi smiling at a farewell party does not mean much. He probably was upset but he?s kinda trying to get through it. He is obviously happy to be around friends and family.

Raketa10

Messi is a far bigger figure than Ronaldinho. Because he is still the best in the world and because he was/is a professional through and through.

Laporta knows that this season will be sacrificed and objective is to stay in top 4. He'll get rid of Koeman and other players next summer. This story about the harsh inheritance I've heard it even from Rosell, when he cam after Laporta and found out that we were hundreds of millions in debt.

Club had an audit and received BBB rating. Which is not Aaa, but not broke club either. My take is that next summer we'll go for a new superstar.

We can't afford Haaland and there is no other superstar in sight except Mbappe who will either extend with PSG or go to Real.

Birdy

IMHO he wanted to ged rid of Messi for some reason, that's obvious now. In the end there was still one month left and he could have put a maximum amount of pressure on Griezmann, Coutinho, Pjanic and Umtiti. I truly believed that Laporta was the right choice for our president, unfortunately I was terribly wrong. From today's point of view Font was a far better choice. This guy was at least honest and had some plan.

Adding up the numbers, even if all of Griez, Cou, Pjanic, and Umtiti left, it still wouldn't be enough to register Messi.
The ratio is 4 to 1
If Messi is earning 40m gross on his new contract, then 160m gross should be released from other wages.
If I remember the numbers, Griezman is on 40m gross, Cou is on 20m gross, the other two even less.
Around 80m still left to reach the number

Raketa10

Adding up the numbers, even if all of Griez, Cou, Pjanic, and Umtiti left, it still wouldn't be enough to register Messi.
The ratio is 4 to 1
If Messi is earning 40m gross on his new contract, then 160m gross should be released from other wages.
If I remember the numbers, Griezman is on 40m gross, Cou is on 20m gross, the other two even less.
Around 80m still left to reach the number

4 to 1 ratio makes no sense in salary cap. Salary cap is the maximum amount of salaries that one club can pay to players. So if that number is 100 and you get rid of 20 you have 20 left to reach 100 again. That 4 to 1 ratio makes sense only if the club which is broke is selling players and than tries to use all of that money for new signings. Something is definitely fishy here. I am not buying Laporta's charade at all.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
My take is that next summer we'll go for a new superstar.

I think we definitely have the need to land a new superstar next summer, but unless we sell or release some big earners like Griezmann, Coutinho and Dembele etc., we can have all the money in the world (we won't) but still won't be able to squeeze enough room salary-wise to add a superstar to our wage bill. Even if our revenue recovered somewhat and our salary cap got bigger, I doubt it.

Neeraj

Regarding making Messi's wages, let's face it, at the end of the day, this is a disastrous end to the GOAT, but one that had to be done, lest we dig ourselves one floor deeper into the -150 floors that Bartomeu + Rossel dug us deep into already.

My brother asked me a simple question today - "But why can't he just say I'll play for free? What does 50 million mean to him?"

I dismissed this as naive and simplisitc. Until I started thinking more about different eras, different sports and in general, what that would actually mean. I realised that that question was not as foolish or simplistic as it sounded to me iniitally

Messi is no Toti. His entourage have proved time and time again that MONEY is a big part of how they operate. You're talking about one of the richest sports persons on earth avoiding tax like a pleb. That tells you everything you need to know. So going back to the question - Why can't Messi just play for free for a season? He sure can. But he sure wouldn't. It's not a naive question, and it's not a complicated answer. Alright, fair enough.

Raketa10

Regarding making Messi's wages, let's face it, at the end of the day, this is a disastrous end to the GOAT, but one that had to be done, lest we dig ourselves one floor deeper into the -150 floors that Bartomeu + Rossel dug us deep into already.

My brother asked me a simple question today - "But why can't he just say I'll play for free? What does 50 million mean to him?"

I dismissed this as naive and simplisitc. Until I started thinking more about different eras, different sports and in general, what that would actually mean. I realised that that question was not as foolish or simplistic as it sounded to me iniitally

Messi is no Toti. His entourage have proved time and time again that MONEY is a big part of how they operate. You're talking about one of the richest sports persons on earth avoiding tax like a pleb. That tells you everything you need to know. So going back to the question - Why can't Messi just play for free for a season? He sure can. But he sure wouldn't. It's not a naive question, and it's not a complicated answer. Alright, fair enough.

Would you play for free if you were Messi while Griezmann earns 25 mil in the same time? Come on man, be honest.

akaranzo

Do you understand how embarrassing it would be for the club to ask their best player of all time to literally play for free? Not to mention I'm sure there's still other fees relating to his image rights or Adidas sponsorships etc that they would have to pay when signing him. Also agent and lawyer fees, even if Messi agreed to play for free out of his love for the club, I highly doubt his father and other members of his entourage would be so generous.

Birdy

4 to 1 ratio makes no sense in salary cap. Salary cap is the maximum amount of salaries that one club can pay to players. So if that number is 100 and you get rid of 20 you have 20 left to reach 100 again. That 4 to 1 ratio makes sense only if the club which is broke is selling players and than tries to use all of that money for new signings. Something is definitely fishy here. I am not buying Laporta's charade at all.

He didn't not invent these rules mate...

You have to ask Tebas why there should be a 4:1 ratio restriction

Birdy

Do you understand how embarrassing it would be for the club to ask their best player of all time to literally play for free? Not to mention I'm sure there's still other fees relating to his image rights or Adidas sponsorships etc that they would have to pay when signing him. Also agent and lawyer fees, even if Messi agreed to play for free out of his love for the club, I highly doubt his father and other members of his entourage would be so generous.

That would be the exact opposite of embarrassing for Messi.
It would honor him actually to wear the Barca jersey without any financial compensation

xxxxxx

Lol at the Man City fans on the bluemoon forum saying we ruined the FFP, as they have spent over a billion since Pep has been there. We generate way more revenue to justify our spendings, you do not. Also, when we spent that money on Coutinho and Dembele that one year, we sold Neymar for 220m.

I swear people are dumb as hell and do not do their research. No nothing clubs like City and PSG make me laugh. Their history before those billionaire owners is laughable. At least we got our trophies through our revenue and without a billionaire.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans