Lionel Messi - v7

akaranzo

This guy basically asked him what I put up a few pages ago about him playing for free. "Why couldn't you just say I will stay NO MATTER THE COST" - aka I will play for free.

Messi probably understood the nuance, and smiled and said "I did everything I could". Uhmm no you didn't though. EVERYTHING you COULD would be you playing for a 1 euro salary. I think you COULD afford that. (whether he should etc. that's a different discussion which I'll get back into later).

He said the club didn't ask him anything beyond the 50% wage reduction that he himself offered, hinting he might have accepted something lower. But it would be embarrassing for the club to ask him to play for free, we would be mocked for years to come. Also I'm sure even if Leo himself agreed, his agents and lawyers wouldn't plus there's probably lots of image rights fees etc.

iniestaGOAT

He said he dropped his salary by 50% and Barca accepted it. And that was it. Laporta didnt ask him to reduce it by further 30%.

Anyway even if he did probably means depay etc wont be signed. Its time to move forward with younger players.

impeh

Hi, its me..
dont think anyone asked about bartomeu? which is a shame. Was hoping he would lay into the previous management a little bit.

Either way a sad way to leave, we'll not see a player like him for us again in our lifetime. :(:worthy:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Well this is the Catalan and Spanish press we know. Never asking tough questions unless they hate that person which is part of the reasons Bartomeu and Rosell stayed for as long as they did.

Messigician

He said the club didn't ask him anything beyond the 50% wage reduction that he himself offered, hinting he might have accepted something lower. But it would be embarrassing for the club to ask him to play for free, we would be mocked for years to come. Also I'm sure even if Leo himself agreed, his agents and lawyers wouldn't plus there's probably lots of image rights fees etc.

Well multiple reports we did ask about a further pay cut and Jorge Messi cut the meeting short

Home of Barca Fans