Lionel Messi - v7

Messigician

One or two questions tackled the tricky stuff and Messi said he accepted 50% reduction. His contract was around 135m per season. So he still asked for about 68-70m per season gross numbers. That's huge. Only PSG pays that.

Not entirely true as that reduction was covered by the 5 year contract while he only played at Barca for 2

serghei

Dont quite get this accepting 50% reduction as if he should have been offered previous huge contract at 34 and would otherwise have got that.

Yea. Me neither. But when the club is paying you more and more and more, it fucks up your sense of money.

sickstar

My opinion still stay.
I think laporta offer the contract half heartedly. He know he would still get trouble even if they agreed with 80% reduction.

Even in one news i kinda read that laporta himself even said that he couldn't still get pass the FFP even with messi not joining. Means he still has to kick some more player even if messi not joining.

From the beginning it's a half hearted offer from his side. I think he allegedly didn't offer 70% or lower cut because he knew it wouldn't solve the problem anyway. He's having problem in offloading dembele, griezmann etc.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Meanwhile Laporta, Florentino and Agnelli were meeting to plan further action for the Super League, a dream that hinges on English clubs joining which would be pretty damn difficult to work out.

JamDav1982

Onwards and upwards.

Looking forward to Gamper now.

That didnt feel too hard to watch and although he seems upset that time at club has come to end. Felt like he was happy with new challenge also.

Some tough times for Barca but will be interesting!

Messigician

That's even worse.

It is and the only way we could give him that contract was to sell our souls to the 50 year deal.

It's the harsh reality of the situation a healthy Barca could pay that without the cvc deal but it's clear Messi's demands are too high for us to keep

Gaudi

I haven't write anything until this was all over but lets be honest:
1. Barto must be held responsible
2. Money talks, traditional football is dead, and socios model will not work anymore. Football is/has become toy for the rich and that is the only way to compete. If we were bought by some terrorist or oil money we would now talk about Halland for example, covid or no covid.

At least many wagon fans will be gone now, only those who really supported Barca will stay.

Barcilliant

Eto probably was the worst, and what a great player he was.

That was on Pep.
This is different and just leaves us NUMB.
Honestly as a fan for 32 years I have never felt this way. It's like there is a huge void that cannot be filled.
It will take the club a long time to recover from this.
If we had a great manager, less debt and a long term project I'd be more optimistic but at the moment I don't even want to watch any Barca matches. Nothing to look forward to.

serghei

Laporta in a way gets off really well from losing Messi. La Liga is now the main enemy who didn't allow him to go on, as per Messi himself. Messi was very respectful to Laporta here.

Home of Barca Fans