Lionel Messi - v7

Laplacian

Yeah. I don't know why people say it's a beautiful city. The people are pretty rude too.

No hyperbole, though. The architecture in various parts of the city is remarkably beautiful. Lot of culture. It's also a really fun place to hang with mates for about a month or so. But it's really dirty, lots of run-down neighborhoods, tons of homeless people, lots of pollution, and yeah Parisians are noticeably rude for some reason.

Great party city, but if I had kids to raise it would not be my first or 15th pick.

gulaman

Seems like PSG agreed to everything Messi wanted of these negotiations have been going on for some time. Strange to reach an agreement in such a short time.
I don't imagine the negotiations were too difficult hence the speed of this deal. Negotiations probably went like this:
PSG: We hear you are leaving Barca now. We'll give you $500,000 a week for the next 2 years if you agree to join. You'll get to play with Neymar and your Argentine team mates and have a good chance of winning the UCL.
Messi: Sounds good. Where do I sign?

Hardy

Messi has 3,4 offers on the table. There is ONE team in Madrid that has made an offer to him in recent hours. [
@ESPNArgentina

sickstar

I think i heard the translator said things like, "i heard rumors like the management offered more reduction (> 50%), but i rejected it. It was a lie, they only offered the 50% and that's all."

Perhaps there are peeps that would say, why didn't messi himself that offer more reduction? (Instead of the club). If he did that, we would then believe that he already did the best that he could.

I personally thought he should've did that. So that, in the outcome, if the contract still doesn't happened he'd have layers of arguments. One of the possibility is that messi (or messi management) knew that it's a waste of effort in the end, because they knew that the only option is for messi to play it for free, because barca already surpassed the limit anywau, and that it's an impossible thing to accept. Besides, if a report came out that messi offered more salary cut but barca management still denied it, it would be a tremendous blow to laporta's side. I think they have made an agreement not to get that far. We're talking about people in high level management and legal issues. Certainly, this is one possibility.

xxxxxx

Loo we are suing PSG

Nah.... we're trying to prevent PSG from signing Messi. I mean, we do have a point. How can they possibly afford him in regards to FFP? They just signed 4 players with big signing-on fees and salaries. They're looking to sign Koulibaly. They have several players who are already on 200k to 600k a week. It's absolute madness they're allowed to sign Messi.

Home of Barca Fans