Lionel Messi - v7

Laplacian

lol it was hardly a "chance" Barca took hon him. They knew he was special and that if all went to plan, he would be a star. Barca didn't pay for his medication out of kindness, but rather to help him develop as a footballer to benefit FC Barcelona. And Barca has had 20 years of benefit from this kid, and he has benefitted also. It's been a great partnership between the club and player for all of these years.

How often do 12 year old wonderkids turn out to be the real deal? Not very often. At that stage in his development, it was very much a gamble to invest so much in him; especially when he had a hormone deficiency.

Besides my question was pretty much dumb, even if he played for free Barcelona would still be above the salary cap and thus his registration would not be legal. There was nothing he or the board could do.

iniestaGOAT

Ofc. Lot of acting from Messi here. Photos with all PSG being a coincidence. Not knowing where he will go but suddenly being in Paris not even a day after.

No one has denied the bromance between neymar and messi. The league has started buddy. Sign there today and play the game tomorrow.

Gaudi

Yes, but surely you can see why UEFA has to actually impose FFP rules and not treat them as a joke.

Do you know they actually relaxed FFP because of COVID? Who do you think had better used those "relaxation", clubs or toy clubs?

Laplacian

Messi will be fine going from Barcelona to Paris is not a downgrade. Paris is awesome as a city LOL, their family will be fine with incredible food.

Not to mention he's going to build a trio with Neymar and Mbappa and behind him is Usain Bolt Hakimi.

Paris is probably one of the shittiest major cities in Western Europe.

Newcomer

For the same reason why NBA has a salary cap. If football had it PSG would be in the mud.

NBA is one single league.

French clubs have to spend more gross salary to give the same net salary in other countries. Which is why as soon as Bosman thingy came into play, French league lost all its talents. It has always been about money.

I still remember when clubs like Bordeaux or Nantes could reach a semi final in European competition every other year. Now impossible. Since French clubs are dying because they aren't competitive financially, i'm fine with PSG flexing its money on the ones who were flexing before.

iniestaGOAT

How often do 12 year old wonderkids turn out to be the real deal? Not very often. At that stage in his development, it was very much a gamble to invest so much in him; especially when he had a hormone deficiency.

Besides my question was pretty much dumb, even if he played for free Barcelona would still be above the salary cap and thus his registration would not be legal. There was nothing he or the board could do.

Breaking through to the big stage, first job is always the hardest. If barca did not, one out of 100 others might have. He probably would not have won as many, but would eventually find his way to a big club.

Great players find a way to be great.

MTL_Barca

Not sure. Bayern won a sextuple last year. The model is good but terrible management can be harder to recover from than in the case of sugar daddy clubs. We need to find a way to be able to inject capital when there are serious problems. 51% fan owned and 49% privatisation is not feasible. Doesn't German clubs work like that?

Yeah that's possible in Germany as long as clubs keep the control of 51%+, in case of Bayern it's Audi, Allianz and Adidas holding 8,3% each. Dortmund shares are on the free market for example, as another model.

But i don't think it's easily possible to just change the model for Barca because i don't see socios vote for selling the club (even just parts), and i also don't think it's always that fantastic. Adidas paid i think like 70M for their shares for example, quite a lot 20 years ago but from todays perspective that's like one decent player. If done right it can help a lot but since it's a big sacrifice the money needs to be spent wisely and i don't know how i would feel about Barto selling shares in some shady deal to bring back Neymar or something :lol:

serghei

NBA is one single league.

French clubs have to spend more gross salary to give the same net salary in other countries. Which is why as soon as Bosman thingy came into play, French league lost all its talents. It has always been about money.

I still remember when clubs like Bordeaux or Nantes could reach a semi final in European competition every other year. Now impossible. Since French clubs are dying because they aren't competitive financially, i'm fine with PSG flexing its money on the ones who were flexing before.

It has, the system was always unfair to the least fortunate. I support Steaua in Romania. Before money went out of hand Steaua won CL in 86 beating Barca, lost a semi in 87 vs Benfica, lost a final in 89 vs super Milan. In the 90s all was gone.

So, I know this. But right now sugar daddy and oil clubs are taking it to new heights in a bad way. And it's happening very fast.

So, my argument is not that the system was good and oil clubs made it bad. The system was bad and excessively money driven starting with the 90s when less wealthy countries couldn't keep their players, and oil clubs made it even worse and even more money focused. Right now, football is at its most commercial state. It's like a real life Fifa game.

At this rate the CL knockouts will be like a game beteen the richest dudes in the world, some russians, some americans, some oil sheiks each having 30 cars, a 100m yacht, 10 private jets, and a football club.

Last edited:

malvolio

Ofc. Lot of acting from Messi here. Photos with all PSG being a coincidence. Not knowing where he will go but suddenly being in Paris not even a day after.

Isn't he friends with the ones in the photo? Only Veratti was the odd one out. Wouldn't you take a photo with friends when on vacation?

PSG was always waiting to pounce. They always wanted Messi. Their league has already started. Do you want Mesii to wait another month so that you believe his tears at the press conference?

iniestaGOAT

Isn't he friends with the ones in the photo? Only Veratti was the odd one out. Wouldn't you take a photo with friends when on vacation?

PSG was always waiting to pounce. They always wanted Messi. Their league has already started. Do you want Mesii to wait another month so that you believe his tears at the press conference?

I think Messi said in the press conference rakitic was also there and uploaded the picture.

But does not matter, in the end we knew if messi wasnt staying PSG was the only option. I dont see the big deal.

Hardy

relax we're gonna crush those french bumps in the QF with Koemanball

wolf-of-wall-street-the-show-goes-on.gif

Home of Barca Fans