Lionel Messi - v7

xxxxxx

All of that is just personal thinking, i'm talking about the numbers. If you criticize City and PSG spending, you have to do the same with MU. Otherwise, you are not angry about money ruining football but who is spending that money.

It's not the same thing at all. I've just given you the figures that state they've had a higher revenue stream than both City and PSG. They've made around 400m more from their revenue stream than PSG in the last 4 years.

SmilerBam

All of that is just personal thinking, i'm talking about the numbers. If you criticize City and PSG spending, you have to do the same with MU. Otherwise, you are not angry about money ruining football but who is spending that money.

All i am saying is that clubs like Madrid, Barca, United, Bayern are rich because they have history and they mantained a brand in decades of success and popularity. City is a non entity in english football before takeover, Chelsea was around West Ham level and PSG was around the fourth biggest club in France historically after Marseille, Lyon and Saint Etienne. It's like that analogy of two body builders: the first one has years of doing fitness, eating the right amounts of nutrients, sleeping well and with a healthy gym routine, and the second one who is skinny, never did sports all his life, but he discover steroids and within a year he looks better than the one who worked his ass off for years. Who would you appreciate more?

Nazario1985

It's on Google or Wikipedia. Pretty easy to find.

Ok you numbers are Revenue not expenditure

They also show the rapid growth of PSG revenue and closing the gap with oldies.

With Messi they will explode all goodies sales record when Neymar joined.

They know how to market shit in both clubs despite both of them wining shit lately.

El Gato

Villarato!
I'm only stating backstabbing from his perspective. For UEFA and national leagues leaders, those clubs are traitors.

I was for a Super League originally but not the way it was set up. I don't like the founding members benefits : more money, guaranteed spot. Even more when some clubs are giving themselves more money than the other from the start. It is hilarious and they will say the current situation is not fair, which is true. However, they dont seek fairness, they just want a competitive advantage.

Give me a Super League with equal money between every participant and no shit like no chance to be relegated and it is a fair game.

Certainly.
I agree.

But the facade of virtue Tebas assumed by upholding a (correct) set of rules and not making an exception is certainly gone.

serghei

But user Gaudi replied:
1. When you play for Barca, you get let's say 50m wages and money from regular sponsors
2. When you play for Psg, you get lower wages on paper, let's say 30m but then you get tons of Qatari sponsors which get you further let's say 50m (connected with Qatar country and Psg owners) plus money from regular sponsors

So, 50m wages at Barca = are 50m in the end
While 30m at Psg = are 80m in the end

So, basically, you can get a lot of hidden/off the table money which doesn't go into the FFP books

Someone gets it. PSG are Qatar. Is Qatar the State listed on that transfermarkt website?

:lol:

raskolnikov

The more I read about it. The more it seems Laporta must have known it was impossible to keep Messi. He must have known since the audit.

Home of Barca Fans