Lionel Messi - v7

serghei

I don't understand the "If Messi stays after this it would be worst" comments.

If Messi ensures this incompetent management falls tomorrow, and then decides to stay, how would that be a worst thing?

It's simple. A player would me more powerful than the president, and would be basically uncontested. Meaning the next president would be Messi's lap dog. And the manager works under the president. Do the maths.

The manager becomes obliged to serve Messi's interests, because Messi has the power to influence his boss.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Messi is not going to stay. The one journalist who said Messi might leave Barca this summer in January, ironically the one who is closest to his family, but had abuse hurled her way back then, has already said it's a final decision and that he's negotiating with Man City.

Hardy

Alfredo Martinez says Bartomeu is fearing for his life, living one of his worst days as Barcelona’s president... but he isn’t considering to resign.

Messigician

City news? It's to piss off the socios

Messi has no intention of uprooting his family to go to rainy Manchester.

However he definitely wants uselesspiece of shit Barto and his goons out ASAP

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Paycuts for those who have legs and clearing those who can't run. What's not to like?

New era has started the moment Koeman returned.

Leong157

I think he is really wanting to leave. Send an official request seem too much for a bluff. And there was some report months ago that he want to leave early by the buy who broke Neymar news.

Will he be able to leave is another story.

I would be really disappointed if it is actually a power play and he end up staying on his own will.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
City news? It's to piss off the socios

Messi has no intention of uprooting his family to go to rainy Manchester.

However he definitely wants uselesspiece of shit Barto and his goons out ASAP

If he want to win CL titles and believe Barca are not in a position to do that and he has no faith in Barto or any one of other candidates, Man City is probably his best choice.

They cannot get past the QF. He might be that difference if he's willing to buy into what Pep want.

Neymessi

I think people are making wrong conclusions from this saga. No matter what happens, the amigos times are done, maybe it could get stretched a few months because of lack of replacements, but they're all done no matter Messi stays or leaves.

Barto is done too no matter what. There is a polarized scenario of Amigos vs Barto but no matter how much extreme the battle goes everyone knows both have to go and both WILL go. It's just a matter of time.

Hardy

Messi is not going to stay. The one journalist who said Messi might leave Barca this summer in January, ironically the one who is closest to his family, but had abuse hurled her way back then, has already said it's a final decision and that he's negotiating with Man City.

who is?

Stoichkov1

Who is that?

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Khaled yes, DonAK, no. DonAK jumped on Messi's boat immediately.

What evidence is there for any of your theory though?

It's total conjecture and saying "yeah this probably happened" because it goes with your Amigo theory.

It's very convoluted to say Messi is doing it as some secret power play to remove authority figures and keep his Amigos in power, as if Bartomeu was some scapegoat lol. Maybe he just hates Bartomeu, as he has clearly expressed on numerous occasions.

What endgame would it be for Messi if he was pulling all the strings in this way? To keep Amigos all as starters? Do you not think he was badly hurt by the 8-2 and that he's so massively blind as a human being and footballer that he can't see where his teammates have fallen off? Everyone else in the world is in on this secret except Messi? Likely not.

Regardless of whether Bartomeu stays or goes or Koeman stays or goes, the Amigos are largely done here as major players. Pique and Alba I could maybe see staying as starters because we don't have clear replacements on the table yet. I don't think any coach this "hitler Messi" would choose would change that fact, Xavi included.

Xavi badly wants to be a great manager. Since he left Barca he has given numerous supremely lengthy interviews, you can see his ambition and desire to be good. If he fails, it won't be for some stupidity as playing clearly horrible players for the sake of friendship lol.

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
It's simple. A player would me more powerful than the president. Meaning the next president would be Messi's lap dog. And the manager works under the president. Do the maths.

Bartomeu is not a president! He's a clown.

Koeman is going to stay and I doubt he'll be anybody's lap dog.

Home of Barca Fans