Lionel Messi - v7

Devils

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">If Man City bought Lionel Messi �� <a href="https://t.co/mqJboEroLC">pic.twitter.com/mqJboEroLC</a></p>? Amazon Prime Video Sport (@primevideosport) <a href="https://twitter.com/primevideosport/status/1298572647849242624?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 26, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Amazon(they broadcast the PL online) is on it. They already counting the dollars from those new prime accounts :lol:

Looks like a team Bayern would beat 6-2...better than 8-2 i guess.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Because he has proven he can work and always defended Barca's interests publicly instead of hiding like Bartomeu and Rosell. Florentino returned and it worked out for Real Madrid.

Could be the same with Laporta and Barca. Everyone else are either unproven or just a bunch of idiots. Sure he has his flaws and wasn't perfect, but would you rather take a huge gamble on someone else?

Font's comments aren't exactly encouraging are they?

Font's fixation on Xavi is certainly obsessive and unhealthy, and his remarks about Koeman was just stupid but many of his ideas (for example about financial prudence, finding new ways to generate revenue to compete with the likes of City and PSG etc.) to revamp the club are not wrong and I'd say on the right track.

My biggest concern with Laporta is that he is too old school and he might not be up to the challenges of this new day and age in football. He might be a safe candidate and that's about it. I haven't seen him talking about any ideas that he has to right the ship (could be just me) should be become the president, other than some nostalgia. I genuinely wonder what his vision is.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
If he did decide to leave after Bayern fiasco he could have addressed the fans at least. Seems he doesn't care either way.

Nazario1985

lol sure. That's why they gave him astronomical wages and kept his buddy despite him being shit for 2 years. Also, Koeman clearly said he wants to build the team on Messi.

Koaman is a big mouth & always has been he just want the easy way which is having Messi banging goals

Marshall D Teach

Yeah he totally wants a winning sporting project after going out of his way to defend Valverde after Anfield :lol:

That's totally why he's leaving right after Koeman tells Suarez to go and lets Messi know who's in charge :lol:

Why didn't he leave before now? Everyone has known the board were trash for a long time.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
❗Bartomeu will talk to Messi today. If Messi insists on leaving, then the two parties will try to reach a financial agreement, but they don't want legal problems. [radio cat

This just proves that this snake Bartomeu is doing all of this to get Messi out and balance the books. I hate this man SO much. I cannot believe this is being allowed to happen!!!!!!!!!!!!

How did you conclude that Bartomeu wants to sell Messi from that tweet above?

I don't think he or anyone at the club wants to sell Messi, certainly not for balancing the books, they don't want to go down in history as the ones who sold Messi. Not to mention it is unrealistic to expect City or anybody to come up with a big chunk of money for Messi.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I don't know if Alba without his one move, cutback to Messi, is going to be any better than someone like Angelino or Mendy(when he's fit for the one month he's available).

KingLeo10

May be at LB, but I would take any of their FBs over Semedo.
tbh, I would take anyone over Semedo atm

There was a time when I would have tried to defend Semedo against this. But he's indefensible after what Davies did to him. Even Kehrer held his own against Davies...Semedo was a total bum.

Nazario1985

If he did decide to leave after Bayern fiasco he could have addressed the fans at least. Seems he doesn't care either way.

You start with an "IF" then just to a definitive conclusion ?

Every rumor point to him making his mind way before bayern.

FGS sake just look at the candidates that will replace barto it's depressing !!!

Home of Barca Fans