Lionel Messi - v7

Newcomer

He's a PSG fan. They're not used to legends of this stature.

:valverde:

I guess you prefer having 0? and have to settle for crap players instead of having 100 M to buy good players.

I didn't say Messi is leaving without reason or that he should be hated.

Leaving for free is literally the worst possible outcome for Bar?a but "hey, he is a legend, that's all good".

soul24rage

I have not said he is not loved. It is normal he is loved by the fans.

I said he is an enemy of "the club". Not the fans. What the club needs with Messi departure is money to buy new players.

If he leaves on a free transfer, he will obviously be in opposition to the best interest of the club.

If reports are to be believed, the club has losses (really not sure by how much but imo it would be a lot).

The only reason why Bartomeu has not resigned is because if he and the other board members cannot make up for the losses by the end of their term, they have to pay it with their own money.

Right now, I'm indifferent if Messi stays or goes. But if he gets the club the transfer fee, I'm scared that the board will use the transfer fee to cover the losses instead to using the money to rebuild the squad.

So screw the idea of him being the enemy of the club. I'd rather the board resigned right now and pay the losses using their own money.

Adversus

Sure, and we've earned the right to earn money for him. Because of how much we invested in him in 2 decades.

Sadly, as gifted as he is, not sure I like Messi the person.

Wow Barca haven't invested anything in Messi in over two decades since they bought growth hormones. It's not like anyone taught Messi how to play football.

He's 33. This was going to happen pretty soon whatever happened and while I didn't see him leaving for another European team I can understand why he would want to go back and work under Pep and try and win a few more UCLs, something not possible if he stays.

kattanib

Wow Barca haven't invested anything in Messi in over two decades since they bought growth hormones. It's not like anyone taught Messi how to play football.

He's 33. This was going to happen pretty soon whatever happened and while I didn't see him leaving for another European team I can understand why he would want to go back and work under Pep and try and win a few more UCLs, something not possible if he stays.

I?m confused, are you saying we did or we didn?t invest in him?

akaranzo

I guess you prefer having 0? and have to settle for crap players instead of having 100 M to buy good players.

I didn't say Messi is leaving without reason or that he should be hated.

Leaving for free is literally the worst possible outcome for Bar?a but "hey, he is a legend, that's all good".

No the worst possible outcome for Barca is for them to start ridiculous legal battles with Messi and trying to keep him at the club against his will. He's the best player to ever play for us, he has a clause in his contract that allows him to leave at the end of a season and he has decided to leave. Just respect that and let him go in peace.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
No the worst possible outcome for Barca is for them to start ridiculous legal battles with Messi and trying to keep him at the club against his will. He's the best player to ever play for us, he has a clause in his contract that allows him to leave at the end of a season and he has decided to leave. Just respect that and let him go in peace.

No. Letting Messi go for free to a European rival would be a massive failure and a meme for ages. Should get at least 70m for him.

Rory

I'd be happy with 50m-75m for 33 year old, 1 year left on contract (maybe 0 years left depending on legal battle) plus get rid of huge wages. Basically fixes our money issues.

JamDav1982

If the clause is in play then he leaves for free.

If the clause is not in play Barca need to look after their own interests and get as much money as possible.

Sorin

If reports are to be believed, the club has losses (really not sure by how much but imo it would be a lot).

The only reason why Bartomeu has not resigned is because if he and the other board members cannot make up for the losses by the end of their term, they have to pay it with their own money.

Right now, I'm indifferent if Messi stays or goes. But if he gets the club the transfer fee, I'm scared that the board will use the transfer fee to cover the losses instead to using the money to rebuild the squad.

So screw the idea of him being the enemy of the club. I'd rather the board resigned right now and pay the losses using their own money.

That's the thing I don't understand about posters around here clamoring for Bartomeu to continue. Who has confidence that these morons know what to do with the money we'll likely get for Messi? They'll buy misfits and nothing players once again if history is anything to go by. I'm afraid we'll waste another 100m and sink in an even bigger hole. These fucktards don't even deserve the benefit of the doubt.

I actually prefer it if they use the money to cover some debt from these past years. With covid as well creating even more financial woes we're in the dumpsters. Instead of buying flops for hundreds of millions better put the money toward paying debt.

Home of Barca Fans