Lionel Messi - v7

Marshall D Teach

That's the thing I don't understand about posters around here clamoring for Bartomeu to continue. Who has confidence that these morons know what to do with the money we'll likely get for Messi? They'll buy misfits and nothing players once again if history is anything to go by. I'm afraid we'll waste another 100m and sink in an even bigger hole. These fucktards don't even deserve the benefit of the doubt.

I actually prefer it if they use the money to cover some debt from these past years. With covid as well creating even more financial woes we're in the dumpsters. Instead of buying flops for hundreds of millions better put the money toward paying debt.

Literally everyone here wants Barto gone :lol:

malvolio

Wow Barca haven't invested anything in Messi in over two decades since they bought growth hormones. It's not like anyone taught Messi how to play football.

He's 33. This was going to happen pretty soon whatever happened and while I didn't see him leaving for another European team I can understand why he would want to go back and work under Pep and try and win a few more UCLs, something not possible if he stays.

we got him for free and now the same people that wanted him gone a month ago are asking for hundreds of millions from his transfer. poor serghei, he spined all the narratives and conspiracies in his head that he now hates messi and his family. he would probably even smack matteo a bit if it came to it. :lol:

JamDav1982

we got him for free and now the same people that wanted him gone a month ago are asking for hundreds of millions from his transfer. poor serghei, he spined all the narratives and conspiracies in his head that he now hates messi and his family. he would probably even smack matteo a bit if it came to it. :lol

Barca getting him for free is irrelevant and no club considers that and decides to take less money than would otherwise.

Alik

I wonder if those who wanted to move on from Messi this season, to "speed up the squad renewal" and because he was "holding the team back if we ever wanted to compete at top level", are happy now it looks like it will become a reality.

Also wonder what those who thought no top team would be interested in him, think now.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I wonder if those who wanted to move on from Messi this season, to "speed up the squad renewal" and because he was "holding the team back if we ever wanted to compete at top level", are happy now it looks like it will become a reality.

Also wonder what those who thought no top team would be interested in him, think now.

"Man City and Pep would never want him".

Tbh I did kinda think the same at times :lol:

Andrew M

Barca getting him for free is irrelevant and no club considers that and decides to take less money than would otherwise.

Completely agree. The idea that we should just step aside and hand over his contract to a european rival for free is absurd, provided we have the legal grounds to get a fee

KingLeo10

I only fall in the first bracket, I believe. As painful as the separation is, I think this is the best direction for both moving forward. He'll have a team of hard working players and he'll be the icing that puts them over the top, which IMO he had little to no chance of having at Barca.

It's also good for us because our young players can actually grow within a defined system that wouldn't be there if Messi lingered around. Whether we get any success from this remains to be seen, but my point was more that we'll have a defined direction forward as opposed to trying to make something work that hadn't been working in Europe last 2-3 years.

Adversus

I doubt Koeman is playing this hard line against the senior mafia without Barto's blessing.

1 minute phone call dismissal for his pet after 3 years of over-payment, nepotism, under-achieving failures, disappointment and humiliation, etc.

if the pet had been in a real mafia

He was brought in to do that job. I warned you guys that he was brought in to do the same thing at Everton and ended up setting us back a decade.

Messi wasn't the problem. Everyone else was.

malvolio

would it made a difference if he said he's retiring? would have made you feel better?

of course, under normal circumstances, you are right.

will probably go for a fee anyway.

Home of Barca Fans