Lionel Messi - v7

malvolio

It's not the same as both Inter and Arsenal would absolutely love him there. Bayern simply do not need him. And I'm not "fawning over" them, I dislike the club a lot, but no one can deny that they know how to run the club. Their whole starting 11 against PSG cost less than 100m. Take your meds man, you're becoming more and more aggresssive lately :lol:

yeah, bayern would not even look at him. made another poll on their forums? :lol:

the man nearly broke down twitter, every brand on the planet is trying to somehow get a piece of messi leaving and bayern is just standing there saying "messi for free? nah, he ain't all that."

Adversus

If I remember correctly he's the one that demanded Klassen and Sigurdson. Klassen is already gone and Sigurdson was meh. Could be wrong though.
Who knows. I've heard from people Koeman was actually responsible for all the big money signings and when we failed to get Giroud he basically downed tools.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
The reason Messi is going to City is obvious. The club is full of ex-Barcelona people including Pep. He won't leave Barca and go to a club with people he don't trust or know. Jump into the unknown.

Sorin

Tbf to Braida he's the one who convinced Riqui to stay as Puig's father himself credited. Barca were all set on selling him or at the very least loaning him out with an option to buy for sure.

Never heard the story. Yeah, that's fair, probably saved us a few quid on having to buy Puig back. Could argue that in the end we haven't wasted money on his salary, by convincing Puig to stay. :lol:

Still, Braida probably prepares a scouting report on Pogba as we speak. Martinez has to wait a little. :braida:

BBZ8800

I wonder if those who wanted to move on from Messi this season, to "speed up the squad renewal" and because he was "holding the team back if we ever wanted to compete at top level", are happy now it looks like it will become a reality.

Also wonder what those who thought no top team would be interested in him, think now.

Please, make a poll when he signs for City.

All of similar big players played bad to average in new clubs late in their career.

Rivaldo at Milan.
Shevchenko at Chelsea.
Ronaldinho at Milan.
Henry at Barca compared to his Arsenal days.
Cr7 at Juve.

Imo, Cr7 fans will get a lot of new reasons to shit on Messi after his season at City.
He will be dead tired, he won't be able to play on that level two times per week, their defenders are more physical, that is a new country, new style of play.

In this moment, I would put my money:
70% that Messi will be bad or meh at City
20% that he will be ok
10% that he will win let's say a CL and have a world class season

I mean, he will be 34 in the next season's CL semis and a final.
For the last 6-7 years, he is dead tired in March and April.

I am not sure how do you guys expect that he will run in EPL each week?
I guess: you don't need physique, we are Barca, skills and IQ is more important.
Let's see how a 34 years old will survive without height, pace and stamina in EPL.

malvolio

It is simple. We make decisions not because we are pro Messi nor because we are anti Messi. We assess each situation as it arises and say what is the best thing to do for the clubs well being?

If Messi is unwilling to track back, unwilling to stick to formation and manager instructions and is 33 years old then ofcourse we should be open to the idea of selling him if that is something he is open to

that's why the rats in the board are scrambling to keep him - because messi doesn't track back, doesn't stick in formation and doesn't follow instructions. all ththis while being our best player.

it's good that guys like tuchel, or pep are ok with lazy messi, but they are no barcaforum experts..

ManusXavi

Literally everyone here wants Barto gone :lol:

Well no, I am actually kind of on Barto's side. I do kinda dislike that Barto took a while to get rid of Valverde but it wasn't terribly long (nearly was).
If Messi is defending Valverde and a lazy style of gameplay that we have seen from Barcelona since May 2017, then there is no way I can support Messi over Barto.
Also under a high intensity style of gameplay and playing in their right positions, Barcelona would be quite good.

JamDav1982

that's why the rats in the board are scrambling to keep him - because messi doesn't track back, doesn't stick in formation and doesn't follow instructions. all ththis while being our best player.

it's good that guys like tuchel, or pep are ok with lazy messi, but they are no barcaforum experts..

What do you expect of Messi at City?

kattanib

Its simple. Messi is 33. For how long do you want to keep him? Until he is 37? We need to move on eventually.

The situation is that he wants to leave now .. so be it. We move on to the next chapter.

KingLeo10

BBZ already dreaming of Messi flopping at City. The man is relentless.

It honestly is disgusting.

Pace, stamina, and height needed for success in EPL when he IS the one who keeps telling us Pep only plays midgets at City and those midgets won 100 and 98 points in back to back seasons just a little while ago.

Home of Barca Fans