Lionel Messi - v7

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Bayern will never go for Messi, even if they had a need for him. They will not pay the kind of salary that Messi has.

Plus, if Messi finds English somewhat challenging, good luck with learning German.

City it is.

ebc_99

Please, make a poll when he signs for City.

All of similar big players played bad to average in new clubs late in their career.

Rivaldo at Milan.
Shevchenko at Chelsea.
Ronaldinho at Milan.
Henry at Barca compared to his Arsenal days.
Cr7 at Juve.

Imo, Cr7 fans will get a lot of new reasons to shit on Messi after his season at City.
He will be dead tired, he won't be able to play on that level two times per week, their defenders are more physical, that is a new country, new style of play.

In this moment, I would put my money:
70% that Messi will be bad or meh at City
20% that he will be ok
10% that he will win let's say a CL and have a world class season

I mean, he will be 34 in the next season's CL semis and a final.
For the last 6-7 years, he is dead tired in March and April.

I am not sure how do you guys expect that he will run in EPL each week?
I guess: you don't need physique, we are Barca, skills and IQ is more important.
Let's see how a 34 years old will survive without height, pace and stamina in EPL.

You are an idiot, what does he need height for? He is not a centre back, he is the same height as Hazard, Aquero and Silva, 3 of the best in Premier League history. Pace is fine over short burst which is all he needs and Stamina may be a problem but not if Pep gives him a rest when he needs it and besides he will be surrounded by young, fit and dynamic players which is not the case at Barca. He will be the best player in England by a country mile.

fergus90

There is no way Messi joins City if he's looking for a guaranteed winning project, they are looking at their weakest since Pep joined, defence is a shambles and are starting the season without David Silva who was still an important cog in that team. In fact you could argue they are heading the route of Barca where they fail to replace important players correctly, firstly Toure, then Kompany, now Silva gone, Aguero is 32 and they replaced Sane with Torres.

Lost the league by a points margin post 2009 Barca fans would be doing backflips over, dumped out the FA Cup by an average Arsenal side and knocked out by Lyon.

BADGERBHOY

we got him for free and now the same people that wanted him gone a month ago are asking for hundreds of millions from his transfer. poor serghei, he spined all the narratives and conspiracies in his head that he now hates messi and his family. he would probably even smack matteo a bit if it came to it. :lol:

We got him for free, have had loads of enjoyment through him and he's been paid hundreds of millions in exchange. It's only normal we get compensated, especially if he moves to a rival club.

Alik

Imo, Cr7 fans will get a lot of new reasons to shit on Messi after his season at City.
He will be dead tired, he won't be able to play on that level two times per week, their defenders are more physical, that is a new country, new style of play.

In this moment, I would put my money:
70% that Messi will be bad or meh at City
20% that he will be ok
10% that he will win let's say a CL and have a world class season

Let's see. No one knows what will happen. I give him better odds than you do of doing great. Don't expect him to win a CL though.

I am not sure how do you guys expect that he will run in EPL each week?
I guess: you don't need physique, we are Barca, skills and IQ is more important.
Let's see how a 34 years old will survive without height, pace and stamina in EPL.
Good thing he's got a whole year before he turns 34 then.

A lot of it will depend on Pep. I wouldn't play Messi 90 minutes twice a week for sure.

As for the rest, don't overrate the EPL, man.

Sorin

Who knows. I've heard from people Koeman was actually responsible for all the big money signings and when we failed to get Giroud he basically downed tools.

I see. Yeah, every side has a story to tell. Can't be trusting everything you hear.

I think putting all the faith in the manager to make transfers isn't the way to go. There always needs to be a balance between the sporting director, scouters and manager.

JamDav1982

You are an idiot, what does he need height for? He is not a centre back, he is the same height as Hazard, Aquero and Silva, 3 of the best in Premier League history. Pace is fine over short burst which is all he needs and Stamina may be a problem but not if Pep gives him a rest when he needs it and besides he will be surrounded by young, fit and dynamic players which is not the case at Barca. He will be the best player in England by a country mile.

What do you expect Messi to achieve at City in terms of goals/assists trophies?

Batistuta9

BBZ does go over the top, but people shouldn't be expecting Messi to destroy the league at 33. He will be very good for them imo, which is good enough. I have no doubt though if Messi went to the prem when he was younger he'd break every record there.

Home of Barca Fans