Lionel Messi - v7

eaman

Please, make a poll when he signs for City.

All of similar big players played bad to average in new clubs late in their career.

Rivaldo at Milan.
Shevchenko at Chelsea.
Ronaldinho at Milan.
Henry at Barca compared to his Arsenal days.
Cr7 at Juve.

Imo, Cr7 fans will get a lot of new reasons to shit on Messi after his season at City.
He will be dead tired, he won't be able to play on that level two times per week, their defenders are more physical, that is a new country, new style of play.

In this moment, I would put my money:
70% that Messi will be bad or meh at City
20% that he will be ok
10% that he will win let's say a CL and have a world class season

I mean, he will be 34 in the next season's CL semis and a final.
For the last 6-7 years, he is dead tired in March and April.

I am not sure how do you guys expect that he will run in EPL each week?
I guess: you don't need physique, we are Barca, skills and IQ is more important.
Let's see how a 34 years old will survive without height, pace and stamina in EPL.

La liga defenders are just as physical as premier league ones. If he can handle Atletico defenders he can handle any of the premier leagues defenders. If he does end up at city they will suit his game even more than this barca team. He probably wont run more but there are plenty of fit players at city to cover that. He will survive without height weight and stamina by doing what made him the goat

KingLeo10

What do you expect Messi to achieve at City in terms of goals/assists trophies?

25-30 goals and 10 assists.

1 EPL in 2 years if he's there for 2. Which is pretty good considering Liverpool's level.

I don't see Pep/him winning a CL, though. He's too old to be THAT level of difference maker in the competition and City have glaring weaknesses like we do. So, if that's the metric, then it's a failed tenure.

Richard.H

For Messi's legacy alone (irrespective of opinions of Barca fans alone), achieving an EPL title, a Cup, and maybe even a CL with City will be bigger than doing all that with Barca. Especially at his age. Much bigger achievement even if you argue that City has the better squad.

Sorin

City won't win the league next year, Liverpool still has it in the bag imo. CL is also not guaranteed. What's sure though is that he won't mess up a tap in from 5 meters. :lol:

KingLeo10

For Messi's legacy alone, achieving an EPL title, a Cup, and maybe even a CL with City will be bigger than doing all that with Barca. Especially at his age. Much bigger achievement even if you argue that City has the better squad.

Hot take alert, unfortunately. The level of domination he showed in the 3 CLs is what made fans around the world put him as one of the GOATs. Top scorer in all three, 100+ dribbles all 3 times.

He won't even come close to that at City. There's no way his City legacy comes close to his Barca one. As it should be.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
City are going to try to improve their defence for the umpteenth time too so I don't think it's ruled out their fortunes in the CL could change. Pep might also stop overthinking and picking a new tactical setup every year if Messi is there.

ManusXavi

Well no, I am actually kind of on Barto's side.
Also if a side such as Ajax had the squad we had > Griezmann, Dembele, FDJ, Fati, Puig
And the team was playing with a high intensity we would be drooling as we watch Ajax.
No sympathy for Messi defending a lazy team

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I hope Messi will bring City at least one league trophy (two will be even better) and if he can win them a CL, that is great for him.

Sterlingfan2000

Man stop Messi is not leaving.

Barto will agree with Messi and offer him Suarez stay.

Just stop talking about his exit , it won't happen.

We should talk how we make Suarez and Messi working

KingLeo10

City are going to try to improve their defence for the umpteenth time too so I don't think it's ruled out their fortunes in the CL could change. Pep might also stop overthinking and picking a new tactical setup every year if Messi is there.

Pep is probably the only manager in the world who can make the best out of Messi's last years. If this happens, it's a very wise decision by Messi from his standpoint.

Home of Barca Fans